Saturday, April 20, 2013

At the Firehouse

On Wednesday Landon's cub scout troop was going to tour a new firehouse that was built down the road. The leaders wanted parents to attend with their boy, and since Steven works with the older scouts (and they were doing a swimming certification on the other side of town) I got to go with Landon (with the other three kids in tow). At first, I was really dreading it. It was really rainy, Ella refused to nap that day (after laying in her bed and singing for over an hour and a half ) and about 20 minutes before we had to leave I noticed the kids were playing in the huge puddles in the back yard, which meant I had to quickly bathe everyone before we left (so Ella went in pajamas). But, considering all of that, it really wasn't that bad.
Ella was a lot more interested in the huge wheels on the fire engines than in what the firefighters were saying. She kept trying to climb on the trucks, but once she saw the huge wheels, that kept her busy for a while!

The time finally came where the kids could all get on the truck. Oh boy! They were in HEAVEN! And since my kids ended up toward the end of the line, they got to really look around and not feel rushed to get out for the kids behind them.
And then Ella found an open locker and decided it was a good place to hide! I was temped to lock it up and let the firefighter who it belonged to have quite the surprise the next time he opened it (just kidding {kind of}).
It was a lot of fun, and I was glad we all got to tag along. Ella was terrified of the firefighter when he put on all of his equipment, but besides that, we all had a great time!

No comments: