Grant is a boy through and through! He LOVES to play with guys (especially Power Rangers) and cars. One day this past week, during Ella's nap time, I found him perched quietly on top of my dresser, playing with his green Power Ranger and looking out the window. Such a sweet boy!!
Ella was placed in time out (our laundry room) for the first time this week. She's deserved it many times before, but this week I decided to start implementing it. She sat there a bit confused, but she's quickly catching on and realizing more and more how unpleasant time out can be!But this past week I had a rare quite hour with just Ella. Oh man, she was so fun! She spent a long time arranging the library books, then bringing certain ones to me to read to her. She had some sort of system to it that I never did figure out.
She loves looking at the book that my mom and dad made for the kids with pictures from Grandparents Camp last year. Every time she sees a picture of Porter she says 'Look Mom! It's my Porter! I WUV (love) PORTER!!!'
Tonight the kids were outside having a water fight with some neighbor kids. One girl tried to throw a cup of water at Landon, but the cup slipped out of her hand and hit Landon on the head in just the right way to give him a pretty deep gash. At first I was pretty convinced that we'd have to take him to the ER for stitches. But after applying some pressure for a couple minutes the blood stopped enough so I could just close it up with super glue. He was pretty worried (I think because of how much it was bleeding, because, trust me, it was bleeding a lot!) and asked me through sobs 'Am I going to have to have brain surgery?!' Luckily, no brain surgery was not necessary!
Here's a close up after we super glued it. Not sure why the super glue showed up white, but in person, it's clear and you can just see the red split in his forehead.
And, on a similar note, Grant, I swear, has THE MOST accident prone eyes of anyone I've ever met! Usually, if Grant is crying because he got hurt, it's because somehow he got poked in the eye (usually by himself). By Monday of this week, he'd already poked himself in the eye twice. On average, I'd say he gets some sort of poke in the eye at least twice a week. So, hopefully he's safe for the rest of the week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment