Thursday, April 18, 2013

My little ballerina

I'll be honest with you. When Addie started ballet in January  I was pretty doubtful if she'd ever catch on. The girls in her class had all taken ballet the semester before (where they learned all the positions and steps and techniques) and the teacher really didn't 'review' much, so Addie was stuck just trying to follow along. Luckily for her there is a really good little girl in her class who Addie usually watches and copies. Well, today, that little girl wasn't there. So Addie was on her own. And guess what? She did awesome!! I was so proud of her, and so glad I brought my camera!
 (below is their impromptu time. Where they get to dance however the heck they feel like dancing!)
It's been fun having her in this class, especially when she feels proud because she can see how she has improved.

2 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

I'm so glad Addie is enjoying her ballet class! I love watching the kids do things like this. There is such a feeling of happiness in watching them grow and learn.

Tally Layton said...

:) Addie reminded me of myself when I was her age and in ballet. I LOVED the big mirrors too.