Wednesday, February 19, 2014

January going-ons

You know what I don't like? I don't like trying to catch up on my blog when I've neglected things for months. It's a pain! Anyway, here's a post where I'm dumping everything that I haven't blogged about and don't want to dedicated an entire post to (and please pardon the fact that most of these pictures are from my ipod). 

We took the kids to play Monster Putt-Putt golf. They thought the black lights in there were really cool. Addie got hit in the head by Grants golf club once (on accident), and Ella spent the whole time running around like crazy. Overall, for us, I'd say it was a success. Afterwards we got some frozen yogurt which the kids were thrilled about!
At the beginning of January we all got a stomach bug (except for Ella). Landon was the first to come down with it (when he puked all over the van on our drive home from the Elmers after New Years). I was the last to get it, so Ella kept me company while I stayed home sick from church.
I feel like there have been a ton of days this winter where I'll shower in the morning and put my pajamas right back on. I have zero desire to wear real clothes and go outside. Every now and then I might actually prop my feet up and read a book. One day, I even propped my feet up on Addie!
Ella discovered 'Beauty and the Beast' in the month of January. She has become obsessed with Belle and asks every day to watch it. Unfortunately for her we only have it on VHS, which has to be watched on a very old TV and sometimes the sound doesn't work.
One night I went to check on the girls before heading to bed and I found them holding hands in their sleep. Which was adorable!
The day before Thanksgiving I had a cavity filled. It was a pretty simple procedure, however, I've had problems with the tooth ever since! I went back for them to file it down more, then I went back and they replaced the filling, and after that I was back in there for them to file it down again. I've still on ibuprofen for it, and the hope is that it just got very inflamed and we'll be able to get the inflammation down soon. Grant and Ella have had to tag along with me on some of these dentist visits and we always come prepared with Library books and snacks. I've been so impressed with how well they've done while waiting.
Ella got a little card table for Christmas this year. The kids have really loved having that table, and even though we only have 2 chairs for it, they think it's pretty cool. One day Grand and Ella were coloring and talking, and just being unbearably cute. I wish I could have captured how adorable they were being. I was worried my mother's heart was going burst!
Landon has ALWAYS loved to draw and doodle, and I think Grant is quickly following the same path. One day I found this picture that Grant drew.
That's right, it's a naked man. With nipples. And a belly button. And a penis. Boys! I don't know what to do with them!

I swear that Addie has grown up overnight. She just seems so big to me lately! She's tall! And I think time just needs to slow down!
This winter has been a rough one. We've had a TON of days with temperatures in the negatives. So far this winter we've received 53" of snowfall. We've had many canceled school days and a ton of 2-hour delays. After one of our last canceled days Steven sent me out for some alone time when he got home from work. I grabbed my book, and headed out for some Hot Chocolate before he could change his mind. It was HEAVENLY (although, when I came home, he was asleep and the kids were running a muck, but beggars can't be choosers, right?)!
I'm sure there are some things that I'm forgetting, but at least I've documented some of it!

No comments: