Way back in December, I had a birthday. I'm not a very big birthday person. I don't really care if I get any gifts. I don't usually expect much. Because of that, when something does happen for my birthday, I am always super surprised and excited about it.
Steven started my birthday celebration off the day before. He gave me my gift, some lovely sheep skin slippers! Oh how I've loved those things! I wear them ALL the time.
Then, on my actual birthday, Steven had flowers, and chocolates, and a balloon, delivered to the house. And came home with a yummy icecream cake, since I don't like regular cake.When he got home from work, we dropped the kids off at my friends house and were planning on going out to dinner. Neither of us were super hungry, so we decided to try to get some Christmas shopping done first. While at our first stop, Steven told me that he had arranged for a babysitter to pick up our kids at our friends house and go put them in bed, so we could stay out as long as we wanted. WHAT the WHAT?! That alone was enough to make me giddy!! So we got almost all of our Christmas shopping done, which was so awesome to have someone do it with me! And then we finally decided to go eat. When we got the the restaurant there were about 10-12 of our friends there to celebrate with us! It was such a wonderful night and so fun to feel carefree for a couple hours!!
No comments:
Post a Comment