I have been racking my brain trying to think of how to put into words all my thoughts from today. How to say how wonderful my mom is (she really is the best!!), how to say how much I love being a mom (even though I don't always like it), how to say how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband and kids, how to say how important and irreplaceable I believe mothers are. And, to be honest, I can't think of a single way to verbalize all of that and give it justice. So I'm stuck. Do I attempt to put my thoughts into words, only to fail miserably at getting the point across with all the feeling and emotion I want, or do I just not go there and leave my thoughts to myself? I think I'll give a quick attempt at describing my thoughts. But I'm limiting myself to just a couple sentences to each thought. Otherwise I'll ramble on and on saying the same thing over and over again, to compensate for my inadequacies.

1st~ I can't even begin to explain how wonderful my mom is. She is the source of strength in our family. Everyone turns to her. Everyone depends on her. She is what keeps us grounded, and looking forward. I can't imagine a better friend, mom, and confidant. I really could go on and on and on, but like I said, I'm keeping this to just a couple sentences (which I've already passed!)

2nd~ I really do love being a mom. Even though there are times when I don't really like that my kids insist on fighting me on EVERY LITTLE THING, I still can't think of a single thing I'd rather be doing. I love my kids more than I ever though was possible, and can't imagine my life with out them (for very long, I can imagine for a couple seconds how I could sleep the day away in an ALWAY clean house, with unstained and unbroken things around me, if I didn't have kids, then I realize NONE of that would be worth it, I'd much rather have my kids!!) Once again, I could go one and on, but I've already surpassed my allotted 'couple sentences'.

3rd~ I never cease to be amazed at what a wonderful person I married. Could I have picked someone better for me? I don't think so. Steven is SO understanding and patient with me. Even when I'm trying to stay mad, he can pull me out of it. Even when I'm grumpy, sad, irritable, moody, or whatever, Steven is always makes me feel better, and not guilty. He truly is amazing! I really am worried that one day he'll wake up and realize he could have done much better. Here's to hoping he remains blissfully unaware of the fact that he could have found someone much better than me.
4th~ For some reason I've been pretty emotional all day, so I'm not really going to get into why I think mothers are so important and irreplaceable, because I don't really feel like sitting here by myself at the computer crying my eyes out, then going to bed with a headache. So let me just say this, 'I know mothers are important and irreplaceable'.
Tomorrow I'll write about what Steven got me for Mother's Day. I'd add it onto here, but I'm afraid it would make this post too long and no one will read it. So stay tuned for tomorrows installment of 'Mother's Day'!
1 comment:
Thanks Sarah and cute tribute to those adorable kids and great husband. You are an amazing mom. Keep it up. I love you.
Post a Comment