I was supposed to write this yesterday, but by the time my kids were asleep, I didn't even have enough energy to move my fingers to type. So, I'm writing it now. Not that anyone out there cares all that much. Anyway....
So, Saturday night Steven and I went out on a date with some of our friends. We had called to get a babysitter, and she couldn't do it, but her brother (who's 14, and ADORABLE) could. So, he came, and my kids were in bed. We went to dinner then we went to our friends house to play games. When we got home, my kitchen (which was a MESS) was very clean. All the dishes washed and counters cleaned off!! Then I checked the toy room, spotless, then I checked our extra bedroom downstairs, CLEAN, then, the most amazing thing of all, I checked our bedroom closet, SUPER CLEAN!! Steven had paid this boy to organize our closet (which I've been meaning to do), and Steven told him that he would pay him for every room he cleaned. So, that was my mother's day gift. A 4 hour date, without my kids, and with my husband, and coming home to a VERY CLEAN house. I thought it was GREAT!! I was quite surprised, and actually embarrassed that this poor boy had to do this, but I'll tell you what! I never knew a 14 year old boy could clean SO WELL!! He did such an amazing job. I had to go to his mom on Sunday and sing his praises. She's obviously doing something right. Anyway, so that was my mother's day gift. A break from reality, and a clean house, that I didn't have to clean!!
7 comments:
O.K. that is possibly the best mother's day gift I have every heard of.
Totally! You got yourself a keeper, Sarah!
Wow! That's pretty awesome. Way to go Steven! :)
That is one great Mother's Day gift. I am impressed with the 14 year old too. :)
That's a fantastic mother's day gift. Go 14-year-old!
Wow! I think that might even be better than the hour long massage gift certificate I got. Not that I'm complaining! It's totally what I wanted and I'm thrilled! But to have your house cleaned for you? Wow. That's it, just wow.
You shouldn't personally sabotage stevo's weight loss by buyin him donuts just because you've thrown in the towel.
Post a Comment