Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Warning: Post contains Potty talk!!

So, picture this. It's Thursday evening and I'm making dinner. The day had been long because Addie was being a clingy pill. My kids were finally entertaining themselves so I decided to be somewhat productive and actually make dinner for the first time that week (am I the only one who doesn't even have the energy to do anything productive, let alone cook dinner?). While I'm cooking I notice that the kids were being awfully quite. So I walk into the living room to check on them. They aren't in there anymore, but the room is a disaster!! So I start to go upstairs to check on them, and I see Addie at the top of the stairs. She took her diaper off, and was smearing poop ALL OVER her belly and arms!! Are my kids the only ones who do this kind of stuff? How horribly gross!! So I pick her up and put her in the tub and turn on the water, then I run and wash my hands and flip my chicken in the pan. Then I go back to the bathroom and start trying to splash all of the poop off of her. Then I run back into the kitchen, wash my hands, and take the chicken out of the pan. Then I grab some wet wipes and go start cleaning her up. I then had to take Addie out of the tub and bleach the tub so I can actually bathe her in clean bath water, and not what looked like toilet water!! At this point Steven comes in from work. And what did he have? A DELICIOUS chocolate pie!! What a MAN I married!! Isn't he great?!Of all days for him to decide to bring home a pie, he picked the right one!! I swear, the man is inspired or something! I keep thinking I need to potty train Addie, to avoid this happening again, but when I try to put her on the potty she freaks out, plus she just turned two yesterday!! So, instead, I've just been keeping her in onsies, so she can't get her diaper off!! Ah, the joys of motherhood!

disclaimer: for those of you reading this who don't have kids, please don't be scared off by the crazy things you read on my blog. My kids are not the norm (or at least, that's what I'm told when it comes to messes and such!) Having kids really is the greatest joy you can have, even if it is also the most work you'll ever have to do!!

6 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Well, I must say that I have not experienced the poop smearing. Lucas didn't do that (he DID take off his diaper during nap time and pee everywhere. I started wrapping tape around his diaper & cutting if off when he woke up). However, number 2 might like to smear number 2. Who knows?!?! Onesies are a GREAT solution for the problem. Way to be a smart mom!!!

Anna said...

A few weeks ago we went out for dessert with my husbands grandparents. His grandmother ordered a slice of chocolate pie and Connor freaked out when she started eating it. He yelled "No! That's poop grandma! Flush it! (and then he made the swishing sound the toilet makes when it flushes).

I know that's a random comment but it just made me think of that. I hope you enjoyed your poop pie!

Lynners said...

AMEN! That's all I have to say!

Nina said...

Wow. Kids are...resourceful, eh? :)

Leah said...

Dinner, stairs, bathes, 2YR OLDS, and POOP wow, girl. Way to go!

joanna said...

This is actually my nightmare. I hope alex never does this...Bless your heart.