Last week before we went to Nauvoo, we went to a dairy farm and got to see how the whole thing worked. It was pretty cool, but my favorite part was seeing the baby calf be born. Landon liked that part too, surprisingly enough. After the baby was born he said 'I want to see it again!' I'm not sure that he even saw it the first time, but he did see that there wasn't a calf there at first, and then there was one, and he thought that baby calf was pretty cute!
Addie wouldn't stand by the cow for a picture, because she was still hysterical over them putting a cow stamp on her hand. She cheered up when we got to the play area though. Landon LOVED the ball pit (but I have a sneaky suspicion, that's where he lost his Spiderman, which was pretty traumatic when he realized it the next day. I think his exact words were (while trying his hardest to hold back his cry) 'But mom, Spiderman will be so scared without me and he will say 'where is Landon and why am I at this cow place without my Landon' so we have to go get him NOW!!') I intend to call tomorrow to see if anyone has found him. I'm not sure if I really want to drive the hour to get him though.
And here's the cute baby calf. I sure did feel bad for that poor mother though. I'm so thankful I'm human and can get epidural's!
And, for the sake of making this blog even longer, I thought I'd go ahead and throw in some pictures from Nauvoo, we didn't get very many at all, but here's a couple.
And, for the sake of making this blog even longer, I thought I'd go ahead and throw in some pictures from Nauvoo, we didn't get very many at all, but here's a couple.
At the top we were at a pioneer past times place, and Landon was pretending to eat french toast, and Addie was feeding my best friend Katy cereal. I feel bad putting that picture up because Katy just took a pretend bite of Addie's cereal, but Addie LOVED Katy so much while we were there, and that's the only picture I have of them together. In the bottom pictures Addie is telling me 'shhhh' because her baby was sleeping. And Landon is in his classic 'Spiderman' outfit. For some reason he calls those blue camo pajama pants his 'spiderman pants' We can't make the connection, but to him, they are his spiderman pants. And I think he wore that Spiderman shirt that Nana got him for like 3 days in a row!! The kid is OBSESSED!!! The odd thing is that he's never really even seen spiderman, so I have no clue what has started his obsession!!
7 comments:
Take that kid to Walmart today and buy him a new spiderman. I will give you the money for it and you can tell him Nana wanted to get him a new one. You will save the money in gas!
Yay! I am glad you are back. The cow place looks like a lot of fun. Lucas just saw and said, "Look! it's a picture of Lucas!" Silly boy.
Glad you had fun in Nauvoo. I love the things Landon says!
i loved loved loved the fact that your kids like me! i am also still way behind on packing...only proving that it wasn't you that was hindering...it's me. yikes.
I want to go see the dairy farm! How fun. I can't believe you timed it just right to see a baby being born. How GREAT!
I think you should print off these pictures and send them to James. He would love it! I LOVE the picture of Landon jumping into the balls, with Spiderman, of course. That is sooooo Landon! Love it.
I think that there is something contagious about spiderman; Eva sings the spiderman song. Even if one of us sang it in passing sometime, it shouldn't have stuck. Maybe she has seen the cartoon... is there a cartoon? I tried to bribe her into pottytraining recently by taking her to the store for some pretty panties and she instead got excited, "Ooh look spiderman." We did not get her the boys underwear--obviously, that particular bribe did not work.
Later.
Post a Comment