Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cabin Fever?

We've had a decent week. Reality has set in, and we're adjusting to having 3 kids. Luckily, Grant is a great baby, so far. Our first night home was a complete nightmare! Grant was up until 2:30 am fussing his head off. He would only stop crying when I was walking with him. Of course, every time he'd calm down and I would be able to sit, Addie or Landon would wake up. It was a nightmare! Luckily, Steven woke up, saw me bawling my tired and sore eyes out, and took care of the other two kids and called in to work the next day and stayed home with us. My mom was here until Thursday and it was so nice to have her. I was NOT ready for her to leave on Thursday though. Steven also went back to work on Thursday, so we were back in the real world. I felt like the day was going pretty well. I took Grant in for his first doc appointment (he was down to 8lb 11oz when we left the hospital Tuesday night, by Thursday afternoon he was back up to 9 pounds. He eats so well, and I swear I produce heavy whipping cream!) After we got back, I straightened up the living room, cleaned the kitchen, and made dinner. While I was feeling like 'Man, I've got this under control. Look at me being productive on my first day back to real life' my two older children were upstairs taking cup fulls of water and dumping them all over the bathroom. Plus they had taken a large cup of soda and put it in their stocking, in my bedroom, so I had that mess too. When I realized what was going on, I put them both in time out and sat on the couch and had a good cry (mainly because I'm postpartum and super emotional). I was so happy when Steven came home and rescued me. (ignore how ragged Landon and Addie look! They are wanting to hold Grant constantly!!)
I was super sore on Friday because I think I just over did it on Thursday. So Friday the kids and I watched Christmas movies, ate whatever was easy and yummy and didn't do much..

Today has been a lazy day. Steven took Landon and Addie out for a bit to get them out of the house. Grant and I finished up wrapping our last couple Christmas gifts and napped. When Steven came home, he napped with Grant while I supervised Landon and Addie as they painted in the kitchen. They were on cloud nine to be painting. After that, they played in the bath for a while, then we had dinner, read books, and then bed time



Tomorrow after Steven and the kids get back from church Steven is going to take us to Indianapolis to meet my mom, and she'll take us the rest of the way to her house. Steven has to work until Christmas Eve (ba-humbug! I am NOT happy about that!!) so this way I'll be at my mom's a couple days longer, and Steven will just come down when he's done with work on Christmas eve. Well, I suppose I better go start packing. Hope I didn't bore you all with my play by play of our week.

4 comments:

Lace and Joe said...

Mom noticed that Steven has a picture of every one of his kids sleeping like that. How cute.

Jennie said...

Congrats!!!! Grant is so dang cute!!! I am glad you are doing okay. Just so you know I still break down and cry because it is hard to adjust to 3 kids. If I did not have Will I would lose my mind because I just can't get it all done and there are not enough hours in the day. You have a cute little family, hope you have a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Grant looks so cute and small sleeping under Steven airpit. It's so cute! I'm glad that Landona and Addie are so in love with him, and that you can go down to Louisville for a couple of days to get a break at your moms house. They are so helpful! What wonderful parents.

Searls Stuff said...

Okay, is it warm up there or do your kids just like stripping down to their undies for the pure freedom of it? The baby is just beautiful! Hang in there mom, it gets easier.