
Yes, our tree is leaning. It's already been knocked down once, had the stand broken, and is currently being propped up by some books. I thought my kids would be past the 'have to touch everything' stage at Christmas, but boy was I wrong. They're both so dang excited about it that I can't hardly keep their fingers off of everything. Hence the reason I didn't even bother bringing out the train that goes under the tree this year. I hate having to get that thing back on track every time the kids mess it up!
But, there is one thing about our Christmas decorations that I did get my way (kind of) and that's the nativities. I LOVE nativities. I ran out or room on our piano for all of our nativities so I think I have only 3 or 4 more that aren't displayed this year. But still, I love my piano for the main reason that it gives me great space to display all my Christmas decorations!

Another thing I love about Christmas is stockings. Growing up, we got a little something in our stocking every night for the month of December if we were good and went to bed good. This has been working like a charm with my kids! I told them that if they sleep in their own beds ALL NIGHT LONG, then they'll get a treat in their stockings. Can I just tell you that I think we're going on day 4 of NO kids in our bed!! It's HEAVEN!! Hopefully by the time Christmas comes, this habit of theirs will be broken so they'll be sleeping in their beds all night even without the bribe. When I explained this whole treat in the stocking thing to Landon, he was worried he would forget in the middle of the night. He said 'Mom, if I come in your room, will you please tell me 'Landon, if you want a treat, you have to sleep in your bed' then I will go back to my bed.' I told him that I would remind him if he needed it. The next morning I told him I was proud of him because he didn't come in and need a reminder, and he said 'Well, I wokeded up (yep, that's how he says it) and talked to myself and said 'Landon, if you want a treat, stay in your bed' and I did!' I thought that was so funny!! Here's a picture Steven got of the kids, in our bed, one morning as he was getting ready for work. This was obviously before we got our stockings out!
8 comments:
Chuckle, giggle and smile. That's what I do when I read your blog! Thanks for being a faithful poster. I love Landon (and Addie) and I can just imagine him thinking to tell you to tell him to go back to his bed. You will have to remember to bring their stockings for Christmas!
I love the Harwards!!
we don't even have our tree set up yet. Katy has had some drama with her opinions and decorations and stuff, i'm sure she told you everything already.
Your tree looks like mine did the year I gave my kids all of their ornaments! The whole time they were growing up they got a new ornament each year from both my parents and me. By the time they were grown, our tree was covered with ornaments. Unfortunately, when I gave them each a box with their ornaments in it, my tree was bare! That was 8 years ago and now my tree has finally "developed" again! Time will fill your tree too. Have a super merry Christmas!
:) I love it. Landon (addie as well) is so cute. I love the piano. Joe is not a big lets decorate kind of person. So its going to be all me every year. Maybe one year he will be just as excited about it as I am. Only time will tell.
I think the tree looks very nice, nonetheless. I laughed about it being propped up with books.Kris and I got so frustrated trying to set up our live tree last year, and this year we got a good deal on a fake one -- much easier.
The pictue of Landon and Addie is just too cute.
That is such a great story about Landon talking to himself! And it's funny that he thought ahead to tell you to remind him if he needed it. Funny guy. :)
So cute! Thanks for the tip. My kids aren't allowed in my bed, but they always end up sacked out all over the living room. What a great idea to curb the habit!
Hey, have you told Deef about the new BTE album due out next spring?
Post a Comment