Just so everyone knows, our baby is finally here!! Grant Larsen Harward made his appearance at 5:44 pm today (Sunday, Dec 14, 2008). He's a big boy! He weighed in at 9 pounds 4 ounces. He was 22 3/4 inches long. No wonder my hips and ribs were taking a beating, huh? I can't attach any pictures because I'm on Steven's lap top which won't take my camera memory card. But when we get home I'll attach some.
The labor went well. I was induced, so with the help of some drugs, we got him out. Once he decided to come he came very fast. I was dilated to about a 4 or 5, then about an hour later I was at an 8, and he was born about 20 minutes after that. For me, that was really fast. My other labors progressed a lot slower. I pushed through 2 contractions (which, if I can brag, impressed the doc and nurses when they found out how big he was). Overall we're both doing good. He looks A TON like Landon did as a baby. He has the same mouth (which is courtesy of my dad). He has already nursed twice and is a PRO! He is taking a binky in between feedings and I don't think he's stopped sucking since he was born! Pictures to come, I just wanted to update everyone and let you know he's finally here!! (and that we did finally decide on a name!)
15 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I love the name, it's very cute! And I am so impressed that you are blogging about it already. You are too funny! Give him a big squeeze for me and I'll see you in a couple of weeks. And seriously...that was fast for over a nine pound baby. Great job.
YAAAYY!!! That is awesome!
I saw Amanda at church and she told me you were having your baby right then, so I got to steal some of the excitement.
Hope you feel great soon! Congrats on cute Grant!
Great Job & Congratulations!! I LOVE his name!
Congratulations! How exciting! You are amazing-- give birth to a 9 pound baby and post about it all in the same day! I love the name. Can't wait to see some pictures!
Way to go Sarah. Grant is a lucky little guy to get to be a part of your family. Congratulations!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures!
Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures. I LOVE the name too!
Congratulations! We are so happy for your family!
Grant! I'm pretty sure I didn't every hear that one in the list on the phone the other day...but I really like it! I'm glad Steven let you use Larsen...(didn't he still want to change the last name someday?)
I called you on Friday and thought maybe you were at the hospital, but i guess not.
Congratulations!
Congratulations Sweetie! Can't wait to see pictures.
Congratulations! I love the name and I can't wait to see pictures! I can't believe you were even bloggin on the day he was born! I'm glad he's here. :)
Congrats! What a lucky kid to be part of your family! Who knew you were building a line-backer! I hope you're feeling better and ready to tackle your latest challenge.
hurray for you!!!! congratulations, and I'm so excited for all five of you!
So I was just blog hopping, and found yours. Crazy. I'm so excited for you and your new baby boy!!! Good Job!
Wow! 9lbs, 4 oz -- I'm impressed, too! Alex was that big, but not quite that long. He was pretty much stuck in there. After 4 hours of trying to push him out, I couldn't do it. . . I'm so proud of you!! Good job!
Post a Comment