Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Grant's story through pictures...

I just finished feeding Grant, so I'm going to try to make this quick so I, too, can go to sleep! Here's pictures of Grant's arrival. Enjoy!!
Arriving at the hospital and waiting to be induced!
We got started on the pitocin and the doctor broke my water. Grant wasn't too excited about that, and his heart rate started to drop, so, I got to wear this 'oh so lovely' oxygen mask. Luckily I didn't have to wear it long. I felt pretty silly!
Once the epidural was given, it was nap time for both of us! (yes, Steven is really sleeping, even though it looks like he's faking and smiling)
Right after Grant was born. Now it looks like I'm the one pretending to be asleep! I'm just not very photogenic!
My first time holding our new little guy!
So glad he's finally here!! He feels much better out than he did in!!

They had this silly little Santa hat for Grant to wear when he arrived! It barely fit his noggin!!
Addie and Landon meeting Grant for the first time. Addie wasn't too sure about it all. Landon, however, was thrilled (even though you can't tell by the look on his face) and hasn't stopped kissing Grant since!

Grant meeting is cousins Porter and Maya.
Landon being silly and wearing Grants hat. And we thought it was a tight fit for Grant!!
Nana with Grant and Maya.
He's quite an alert little guy. He's been great so far and we're so excited and happy to have him in our family!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is sooooo adorable! You're right, he looks just like landon. He has the bruising like Ashlyn had, but I don't think as bad. You look FABULOUS!! I love the belly pic. You know me and belly's. I can't wait to see him in 9 days! I hope you'll be there...and not in Louisville! Miss you tons, wish I could be there.

HoffmanFamily2 said...

Blogging after birth!! Is there anything you can't do?!? He is SO cute! I can't wait to see him! I LOVE Addie's expression!! Porter and Maya seem more happy to see him! ;) You look great!

tacy said...

victory!! And might I add that Grant is a fun name.

Leah said...

Congratulations!! And he does look like he fits right into the Harward family!

Susie said...

He is absolutely adorable. Congratulations!

Anna said...

So Handsome! And I really really do love his name.

Katy Wilson said...

i usually don't read all the comments to you fromt he people I don't know..especailly the long ones...so i might repeat something they say.
you never know how big your kids are until you put a brand new baby next to them! Landon is huge! and addie is so grown up. i swear it seems like just a few months ago i was looking at those pictures of you and addie at the hospital. crazy. Grant looks huge! And i'm surpirsed your wearing jeans when you were at the hospital. I thought you would have spent those last few uncomfortable days in pajama pants.

Alayna said...

Oh he is so cute! You two do really make some adorable kids...

Searls Stuff said...

Grant is beautiful! Can I say that about a boy? Love you all!

Lace and Joe said...

YEY. Another addition to our family. How wonderful!!!

Philecia said...

Hi sarah, its Philecia
Stevens cousin, I don't know how to add you to my blogspot but I made one today =] umm so add me if thats what you do on here haha Im a newbie The babies are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love that you used the word "noggin." :) It made me smile and think of the college years. He's a doll! I hope you get settled in and used to having 3! COngratulations

joanna said...

I'm just catching up with your blog -- CONGRATULATIONS! He looks so much like Landon. He is a cutie!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Addie does look terrified in that picture.

Lake said...

Congrats! He is a cute, cute little guy.

Dani said...

So cute! I love Addie's expression. She looks totally shocked. I love the name! I'm glad it all went so well for you. He's a cutie!