Christmas is our favorite time of year.
Santa brings us presents with his sleigh and reindeer.
Wouldn't be much fun, if it were never done.
Christmas is our favorite time of year!
I'm sad that Christmas is already over with. How did that happen so fast? We had a wonderful Christmas and have felt very blessed this year.
We've had a great time while at my parents. Every night we had 'story time with Nana' where she would read the kids a book. She read 'The night before, the night before Christmas' on Christmas eve's eve.
On Christmas eve during the day my parents (and Casey) took the kids to a local candy shop to watch them make hard candies. The kids thought it was really cool and were glad to get out of the house for a bit. Amanda and I were productive while the kids were all gone. Every year on Christmas Eve we have a 'fancy dinner' just for the adults. Amanda made the dessert and I set the table while they were all out for the afternoon.
Steven got here around 5:00 and that evening we read 'The night before Christmas' (Brad is really excited about it!)
Read the nativity story out of the bible while we all acted it out with hand puppets.
We let the kids open one gift. Amanda made the pajama pants and I bought the t-shirts.
And we also sat around and admired this cute little candy cane!
Once the kids were sufficiently tuckered out, we put them to bed then enjoyed our fancy dinner. We had coconut shrimp and pinwheels for the appetizer. A delicious salad. Superb prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes and glazed carrots with some yummy bread. Afterwards we enjoyed some delicious creme brulee that Amanda had made earlier. It was wonderful and delicious!
I'll write another post about our Christmas day. This one is long enough and I've got a couple things I've got to do to get ready to go home today. Hope everyone had a great Christmas too!!
2 comments:
I love all the matching pjs and your sweet little candy cane. Sorry I couldn't come, but I will be there for spring break in March. Miss you tons! And let me know how you pull off an adult only dinner?!
It looks like you guys had such a great time with your family! It made me miss all of the fun we have when we get to be home with family at Christmas. The kids look so cute! I love the PJs and Grant looks adorable! What an awesome way to spend Christmas!
Post a Comment