Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas break so far...

I love the Christmas season!! I'm super bummed that Steven is still in Lafayette though, working his cute bum off in the freezing cold weather!!! We miss him a ton.

My dad met us in Indianapolis yesterday and picked up me and the kids, and Steven headed home. Today started out as a lazy day. Amanda, mom and I ventured out to finish up our Christmas shopping while Dad and Casey watched the kids (except for Grant, he came with us of course!) Dad decided to be brave and make cookies with the kids. They made some yummy snickerdoodles!

Of course Landon is only in his undies! My aunt asked if it was warm up here in Indiana, or if Landon just likes to run around naked because of the freedom it offers. It's all about the freedom! It was freezing here today! In Lafayette, just three hours north, Steven was working in 8 degree weather, with the wind chill, it felt like -20!! That's right, NEGATIVE 20 degrees! It's wicked!

And here's a cute picture of Landon and Addie sleeping last night. The kids slept pretty good last night, which I was really happy about!! This picture is mainly for Steven, since he loves to cuddle with his babies and is missing them while we're gone. We love you Steven!! Keep warm and we'll see you in a couple days. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, I got a new camera! HOORAY! Steven, being the thoughtful loving guy he is, always gets me a gift when I have a baby. I told him I wanted new scriptures (which I need to order still, but I'm excited to get them) so I was totally surprised when he got me a new camera too!! My old camera was still working, but it wouldn't focus all the time or take pictures quick enough sometimes. So, Steven splurged and got me a new Canon Powershot SD750 IS. It's super cool and I'm trying to learn all the new features for it. I actually feel really guilty that he bought it, but I guess if I count it as a baby/Christmas/Birthday gift, plus, it's kind of a gift for our whole family, then I can kind of justify it.

3 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

I am so envious! I despise my camera because the grandkids have moved before the shot is taken. Let me know how you like yours.
The kids look like they are having a blast!
Merry Christmas!

joanna said...

Super-cute picture of the kids sleeping next to each other! Also the one of Steven w/ Grant is precious.

Your house is supposed to be a mess right after you have a baby, and your visiting teachers are supposed to come over every afternoon for the first week or so and clean things up. ;) Or maybe you can call SuperNanny.

Leah said...

Sounds like your Dad is the Man. So fun to spend Christmas with family! Hope Steven gets to come soon!