Thursday, February 26, 2009

Imagination Station...

I took the kids to Imagination Station today. It's a fun little science center. We were able to go for free because we went with our Mom's and Tot's group from church, so we did that instead of Joy School today.

They had a cool fire engine from the 1920's. Landon thought it was TOO cool that he could sit up there and pretend to drive it.There were cool airplane/space shuttle (I'm actually not sure what they were, I was too busy taking pictures) they loved pushing all the buttons and wearing the helmets.There was a kaleidoscope area where you saw your reflection like it was in a kaleidoscope. This picture didn't turn out good at all, because I had to turn off my flash, so it's blurry, but maybe you get the idea.Landon, playing a massive game of chess.Addie and Bennett, in an intense game of checkers.Landon and I (and then with the help of a couple other mom's when we got to the top) built this arch. Landon thought those were so cool.It was a fun place, and we were glad to have something to do today. After we were done there, I ran by WalMart to see if my wallet was turned in there (because I discovered yesterday that it was missing) and luckily it was there. Then we ran by the house, I made two PBJ sandwiches and grabbed two apples for the kids lunch then we were off to a visiting teaching appointment. After that I made the kids take 'quiet time' (aka I made them take a nap) and it was a peaceful 1 hour in our house. We're supposed to get a lot of rain, so I'm not sure what we'll do with the kids tomorrow, but Steven will be home, so it will be easier to entertain them at least.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

It looks like a fun place. You are such a good mom and I am so glad you found your wallet!! See you today!!!!

Lynners said...

I love this! Here in our area we have a similar children's museum. And no kidding, just yesterday we put together an identical keystone arch! My oldest loves it too. Anyway, thank heaven for places where brains and imaginations can grow!!

Katy Wilson said...

Don't you wish they had big fun free places for adults to go and hang out and play with toys and ride on fake cars...that would be a blast! Or, a big old play are with balls and bridges and slides..only it was all for adults!

tacy said...

I used to LOVE going to the science center when I was a kid!