Friday, February 19, 2010

Ain't no party, like a Harward Dance Party!!

Winter is getting the best of us. My kids have been watching more Electric company and Mr. Bean on YouTube than I'd like to admit. We've run out of ideas and the energy to find things to entertain us. Yesterday we used Pandora to provide us with music for a dance party. This could have been better if my bedroom didn't also act as our 'family room' where the t.v. and computer are, then we could have had more floor space, but luckily the kids think a king sized bed is an AWESOME dance floor! Here are some of the pictures I got during the dance party.Strike a pose!Doing the 'Monkey'. Addie is quite the fashion statement. On days where we're going to stay home all day I let her pick out her clothes, and they usually look like this!The Hair Flick!I have no idea what this is all about.The epitome of graceful (anyone who spends any time with Addie, knows that she's not really the most graceful little girl, like the time she was trying to tap dance on the piano bench and tapped right off!) She kept holding my hand and doing these huge ballet poses! You're not serious about dancing until the tongue starts showing! Needless to say it provided us with a lot of entertainment.

Landon has also been keeping himself busy by coloring and drawing, and making pictures with anything he can find. Like this morning, when I went into the bathroom after Landon had already been awake for a while to find this.Yep, its '...a human and a spaceship...' (I was later informed) made out of Q-tips. You'd think with the million notebooks, coloring books, pens, crayons, and pencils in this house he'd have just used that. But I'm not one to squash artistic expression (since I don't have an artistic bone in my body) so I though, eh, what the heck!

Speaking of artistic abilities, I decided to try to make a sock monkey. It was actually pretty easy. It didn't turn out the best, but Landon hasn't put it down since I finished it! He lovingly named him 'Monkey' original, I know!And finally, Grant's thumb is getting better. However, we've kept the band aid on because he's actually doing great at not sucking his thumb. I'm hoping after one more day he'll be broke of the habit. He still loves his lovey, so it's nice to break the habit of sucking his thumb, yet he still has his lovey for comfort. It's actually working out nicely, we'll see if it continues that way.

5 comments:

Lace and Joe said...

That picture of Landon's funny face looks JUST like Steven's face. How cute!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

tacy said...

your sock monkey is so cute!!

Amanda said...

Maya wants me to make her a sock monkey, and Porter says 'I would not like to look at that thing'. He also hates looking at my Geppedos my way baby doll. He thinks it's freaky.

Leah said...

Great sock monkey, Sarah!!

Kathy said...

I love the Q-tip art. How creative. He could market it and sell it. Have him do a nice piece on your bathroom wall (using glue of course):)
I LOVE the sock monkey. It is really cute. Turned out so much better than I thought. I am glad you have the socks. Make Maya one for her birthday.
Larry and I agree with Lacy. Landon looks a whole lot like Steven in that goofy photo.