This year I wanted to do something great for Steven for our anniversary. I really wanted to plan a trip to Chicago or some fun place and go away for the weekend. I didn't think we'd be able to finagle that though, so I decided to tone it down a bit. I decided that I would do 7 Special Days for Steven. Everyday I tried to do something small to let him know that he is loved!
On Monday we had a special Family Home Evening all about how great we think Steven is. The kids didn't cooperate like I thought they would, but it turned out fine. We even made this fancy crown for him.
Thursday Steven told me that he had planed a trip to Chicago for our anniversary, which is why my mom was up (they're sneaky!) but because of some things that came up, he had to change the trip to Cincinnati so my mom could watch the kids down at her house. I was SO excited! It made my 7 days of doing something special look lame!! Well, the last stop that Steven goes to on Thursday's is a Pie Shop. Lisa (the owner) is so sweet and willingly made a cute rice-krispy treat bouquet for me and had it waiting for him at the shop when he got there. He was pretty surprised, and when the girl who works there gave it to him, he was pretty confused. He thought it was from her, and couldn't figure out why she was giving it to him! Luckily, there was a note with my name on it. He was pretty surprised!
(I didn't get a picture of the actual bouquet, but it was SO cute!)Friday, we were in Cincinnati the whole day, so I didn't get to do anything really for him. We spent most of the day in Ikea, which was great! We didn't get there until around 1:00, but it was so great to ride in the car with ONLY Steven. To not have anyone interrupt us. To be able to talk about what we wanted to talk about and not have to listen to the kids music or change the song or break up fights. It was heavenly! We got the kids bunk beds at Ikea (which I'll post pictures of tomorrow, I promise Mom!) We were exhausted afterwards, but it was so great. We also went to the mall on the way home and Steven got some new shirts. It was a great day, and a SUPER HUGE thank you goes out to my mom and dad for watching the kids all day for us!
Saturday I made cinnamon rolls (with my mom's help) for Steven. He was really wanting some on our way home from Cincinnati, but we couldn't find a Cinnabon. We went to the temple in the afternoon, which was great. It was actually my 7 year anniversary of the first time I went though the temple. What an amazing experience it was and still is!! I'm so thankful for the restored gospel to bless our lives in so many ways!!
And then Sunday I gave Steven a little journal I had kept all week about the things I was doing for him. Then at the end I made a list of 100 things I love about him. At first when I told him the notebook was his gift, he was not too happy. Later, when he realized what was inside, I think he liked it (at least he told me he did!) Anyway, it's been a great 7 years and I can't wait for a whole lot more!!!
4 comments:
Birthday festivals are a tradition for my sister's family, but I like the idea of doing it for an anniversary too! How fun to be reminded everyday that some one thinks you are the coolest thing since sliced bread!!
Oh, and I got a cinnabon recipe from Joanna Tate that is scrumptious! (Not that, I am sure, that yours weren't, but it is supposedly the real deal. Let me know if you want it-the frosting is the best cream cheese frosting ever!
Sounds like a success. I'm glad you got to get away for a bit. Glad and Jealous
Next years anniversary...PHOENIX. I promise there will be no grey skys or cold weather...and you could hang out with me! (Not that hanging out with me is a good 'anniversary' present...but it'll do)...
Awe shucks! You two are still newly-weds! Congratulations!
Post a Comment