Friday, February 26, 2010

Outlet

I've really come to rely on my blog as a stress relieving outlet. The problem comes when I've had a long, rough day, and want to write something to let the stress out, and don't have anything to write! I'm not sure why, but I'm feeling like there is a little bouncy ball bouncing like mad around in my head making me feel like I can only handle one thing at a time or that bouncy ball will REALLY start knocking around in there. So every time I'm interrupted (which is ALL the time) or asked to do something, while doing something else (which is ALL the time) or argued with (which is all the time) or ignored (also, ALL the time) I feel that ball bouncing faster and faster! I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone, but that's how I feel. Like my head is about to explode!I've actually had a pretty good day. I went visiting teaching this morning while Steven watched the kids. The appointment went a bit long though, so the kids and I missed the time that Malone's (the gymnastic place) was open. I ran some errands without the kids, then when I got home Steven had to run visit with Malcolm (his bagpipe teacher). He got the oiled changed in the van on his way home then we all packed up and went to the library. After that we were off to Menard's, where I let the kids play on the set up play yard while Steven got the things he was getting.I thought on the way home 'This has been a great day!' but for some reason, as soon as I got home it all went down hill. We had pick-your-own-dinner tonight. Addie picked eggs (and that girl ate 4 scrambled eggs!! By herself! Grant had what was left on her plate, but I bet that wasn't even one egg!), Landon picked Cheerios (no surprise there. That boy would live on cereal if I let him) and Grant had some black beans, some fried potatoes, some fruit loops, some cheerios, some eggs, all the while yelling at me. He wasn't happy with anything! He was really driving me nuts. After his bath though, he ate a HUGE bowl of oatmeal. Like HUGE! And was quite a bit more pleasant. Anyway, so, I guess I'm having a hard time knowing what to write about because there's really no reason for my pent up nerves. So, my original plan was to just update some pictures over the past little while that never made in on here.

I don't think I've ever posted pictures of the signs I made for my mom, Jessica, and Hannie for Christmas. So here they are in all of their glory (don't look too close). I really want a Cricut now!! This one I made for Jessica and Brad (who are getting married in May).I made this one for Mom, because she loved Elder Osguthorpe's talk in general conference and the part about needing to 'Aim High'. She had mentioned that she'd like to have that to hang above their kitchen door.And this one I made for my 14 year old sister, Hannah. It's part of this years mutual theme.So, ignore my long 'I've got nothing to say' post. I do feel better though!

4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

oh you made those with a cricut?? now i want to pull mine out and make some cute signs!!

Amanda said...

I know all about that bouncing ball...

Leah said...

I say, let it all hang out, the good, the bad, the ugly. Especially if it makes the ball stop for just a little bit:)

Stefanie said...

your blog is so Sarah! sorry, typing one-handed. i miss you guys! love the pics! my in-laws gave me a cricut, haven't used it much, but you are inspiring me! if you move to Cali we can share mine...oh wait... maybe having to live in Cali isn't worth sharing a cricut...