Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Determined and Stubborn!

Look at this:

This picture was taken tonight. What's the being deal you might ask? Well, sit back and let me tell you what the big deal is. The big deal is that he's sucking his THUMB!! If you'll remember, last week he cut his thumb. After the first 2 1/2 days of having his thumb bandaged, when I took the bandages off, I assumed he had broken the habit. And I thought my assumptions were right because he hadn't sucked his thumb all week. UNTIL TODAY!! What the heck! I was feeling so great at how easy it was to break this habit. But nope, he wasn't ready. He was determined to continue being a thumb sucker!! What will I ever do with this boy? (besides gobble him up, because, let's be honest, he is irresistible and OH SO kissable!!)

And just for fun, these next three pictures were taken by Landon. If you'll notice in the picture of himself, he set his new sock monkey up just over his shoulder, so he'd be in the picture too!

THE END!

5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

my mom used to put this nasty tasting stuff on my thumb when i was younger to get me to stop sucking. i don't know if i stopped sucking my thumb because of that, but eventually i did stop...

Amanda said...

I like Landon's pictures. He's a photographer in training. Sorry about Grant. You should have known NOTHING in parenting is ever that easy. Love ya

Amanda said...

I just realized that amazingly enough Landon managed to sport a HANDLEBAR coolaid mustash. Pretty snazzy

Searls Stuff said...

Landon did a pretty good job! At least he didn't cut anyone's head off! Sophie is a finger sucker. If you figure out how to stop the thumb sucking, pass the advice on to Leslie!

Anonymous said...

I had that nasty stuff put on my thumb too by my mom! EWWW! It did not make me stop though. As long as that stuff had worn off I would suck it. I as a stubborn thumb sucker...but not anymore! (wink wink)