First of all, she brought gifts for the kids. The Christmas gifts that she ordered for the kids for Christmas didn't come in on time (even though she ordered them in PLENTY of time), so she brought them up last week. Landon and Addie each got a Lego camera. They LOVE them! They also got some other things that they were thrilled about! Mom made these gift bags a couple years ago with the kids names embroidered on them so she didn't have to wrap each gift. Landon was so funny sticking his head in the bag to see everything in it (including the hand cuffs Grampy got for him).
BEFORE:
We also organized my kitchen. When we moved into this house, 5 years ago, we never really organized the kitchen. We moved into the house a week before Landon was born, and I never got the kitchen set up the way I wanted. Then after I had him, the kitchen did get unpacked. By me, Steven, his mom, my mom, and anyone else who came by and needed something or used something in the kitchen, or just wanted to help. As a result, it's never really been organized. It seems INSANE that I've live with it like that for 5 years but it's a lot harder to get things done once you're living in it. Anyway, mom pulled everything out of all the cupboards (which is only like 5 cupboards because my kitchens is STUPID) and I cleaned off the hutch (and the cupboards under it), which has been a terrible catch all for everything in our house. I didn't get any pictures of the cupboards, and I didn't get a before picture of the hutch, so unless you've see the mess of my hutch before, this won't be that impressive, but Amanda, you should appreciate this!
We got my family home evening board hung up, and my hall closet cleaned out. Once again, I didn't get a before picture, but here's the after.
7 comments:
I LOVE the colors of your bathroom...and I also LOVE that you have 6 bath and body works soaps in your cupboard! I feel guilty buying them when I can get a thing of soap for 97 cents at the store...but i LOVE them so I buy them anyway...
Wow! You must love Bath & Body works pump soap! I often get them as gifts from students, but you still have me beat. Your projects look wonderful. I am so glad you had your mother up to help you. It looks like you used every free minute.
Way to go! Talk about productive. I NEED MOM!
OMGosh!! I love the bathroom!! The colors are amazing! And the hutch, don't even get me started!! SO CLEAN!! Way to get motivated!! It makes me want to go and clean something...almost. :) miss ya tons! Oh, and the bunk beds are really cool. I love IKEA!
I love the bunkbeds!! They are so super cute. How do the kids like them? I need to come back for another day or two, finish up the bathroom, and one WEEK we need to tackle your room and then we will be DONE!! I love you and I love spending time with you more than you like having me there! Oh, and Amanda, only 30 days! Have some projects ready!
Does your mother come on loan? I could use a visit like that! Oh, and with all those yummy soaps, can I wash my hands at your house?
I checked out Leah's blog and did you notice her cinnamon roll was on a plate like the old ones I had that I gave you?
Post a Comment