Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Day

12:10 a.m. (Midnight)-I finally convince myself to go to sleep. Not because I wasn't tired enough to sleep before had, but because I SO enjoy my peach and quite when the kids are sleeping, sometimes I feel like sleeping myself during that time is a waste of that precious time. Plus, I was cutting out the quilt pieces for new quilt class I'm taking.
5:30 a.m.- Grant wakes up and thinks it's time for him to be awake for the day.
6:15 a.m.- After jostling with him for about 45 minutes, I put Grant back in his crib, hand him three 'Nilla Wafers and a sippy cup of water and climb back in bed.
7:00 a.m.- Wake up for the day. I've started watching a neighborhood boy in the morning after his mom goes to work, just until he gets on the bus so I've got to be up by 7:00 now. Grant wakes up at the same time and I make pancake batter so it's ready to go when the kids wake up (which happens to be about 2 seconds later).
7:10 a.m.- Neighbor boy comes over, everyone eats pancakes.
8:20 a.m. - Boy leaves to get on the bus. Kids play and color while I sit around in a sleepy daze thinking of all the things I SHOULD be doing.
9:30 a.m.- Lay Grant down for a nap and wish I could take a nap too!
10:00 a.m.- Work on my quilt and find that paper piecing isn't near as hard as I was expecting!
1:00 p.m. - Fix our printer that stopped working on Sunday. I tried to take it apart, but after I got the screws out, nothing came apart (so I'm still not sure what those screws were holding together). I got on line to see if I could find any suggestions on how to fix the problem (it kept claiming we had a paper jam, and we didn't and it wouldn't feed any paper). I found a result that said to 'unplug the printer from the power supply and USB port. Hold the printer upside down and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Then reconnect the cords'. I literally laughed out loud at the thought that someone thought that was good advice! After not finding anything else though, I decided to try it. And I started shaking the heck out of that thing (the kids were very fascinated) and guess what. IT WORKED! Crazy!
2:00 p.m.- Lay Grant down for a second nap.
2:50 p.m.- He wakes up. GRRR!!!
3:00 p.m.- Tell the two older kids to put their laundry away. I lay on the couch and talk with Grant for a while.
3:10 p.m.- Open my eyes (I must have dozed off for about 4 minutes) and find Landon and Addie, locked themselves in the bathroom. When they open up, I find that Landon was CUTTING ADDIE'S HAIR! They picked up all the hair off the floor and shoved it under the sink and closed the doors before they let me in. Luckily, the scissors in his hand, the last bit of hair on the floor, and the obvious lack of hair on parts of Addie's head!
4:00p.m.- After realizing there was no way I could fix it, and calling the three people I could think of who know how to cut hair and none of them were home, I make the kids clean the toy room, by themselves, as punishment.
5:30 p.m.- Steven comes home, we eat dinner, and I take Addie to get her hair fixed.
6:00 p.m.- WONDERFUL lady from the ward cut Addie's hair into a cute A-line and we all feel better about the day!
9:00 p.m.- I'm VERY MAD that my camera isn't charged so I couldn't take any pictures of Addie's hair, both before and after!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Go over to Melissa Hammers and see if she will let you use her camera to take a pic.
Oh and you wrote PEACH and quiet:)

Katy Wilson said...

i am DYING to see that picture!!

tacy said...

I want to see this picture as well! I was just watching a little kid interact with her dad the other day and I thought "Oh cute! I want kids" and now I realize that yes, i can wait! Not that your blog doesn't make me want kids, I just realize I'm not missing out. Well I know I AM missing out because kids are great but I don't need one right now....jeez I'm digging aren't I :/

Kathy said...

Photo, Photo, Photo, Photo, Photo, Photo ..... do you get the point?