Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wouldn't you know it!

Isn't life funny sometimes? For some reason, I had written on my calendar that Kindergarten Round-Up (where we get to register Landon for Kindergarten) was on Monday, March 1st. So Monday, Landon and I rush out the door as Steven is rushing in the door. We get to the school, walk to the cafeteria where there are a few official looking people and some parents. I sit down, notice no one else has their kindergartner with them and ask the lady I'm sitting next to me if we are in the right place. She tells me that we are not. I am directed to the Principal who tells me "Oh, sorry. It's TOMORROW night at 6:00" Those were his exact words. TOMORROW. Why did I think it was Monday? I still don't know!


Tuesday morning I decide, in an effort to have our evening go smooth, to make dinner at 9:30 in the morning. So when Steven called to tell me he was on his way home from work, I could do a few last minute things, but we could eat as soon as he walks in the door. Luckily, that's exactly how things played out so Landon and I were able to leave for Kindergarten Round-Up without much stress (it helped that Steven got home at about 4:45!! That's UNHEARD of!!) We headed out to the school to find that there isn't hardly a soul there! I finally find a janitor who tells me 'Kindergarten Round-Up is TOMORROW!' I said "Are you sure? Last night the PRINCIPAL told me it was tonight!" She said I was wrong and Landon and I left feeling defeated, once again. We were able to peek into the kindergarten rooms before we left though.

Then tonight, when Kindergarten Round-Up actually IS, we just don't feel like going. It could be because Steven's work truck broke down today, which put him WAY behind, which meant I'd have to take all three kids with me (which I wasn't wanting to do since Grant isn't feeling great so he's been quite the pill. I'm pretty sure we can blame a molar on that). So here I am at 6:30, a half an hour after Kindergarten Round-Up started, on the ACTUAL night it is, sitting at home wishing it was bed time and that was Steven was home. Luckily, I printed all the forms off about a week or so ago and have them filled out, so I just need to drop them off at the school sometime.

Isn't it a bit comedic that we made it on time without much of a hitch TWO nights this week, both of which we the wrong night, then on the RIGHT night, nothing goes right and we miss it! Sheesh!

p.s. I've lost my camera batter charger and my camera is SO dead it won't even turn on. So no pictures for a while. I'm REALLY annoyed about this too. Because my house used to be quite an unorganized mess. However, in the past couple months (with the help of my mom) I've really gotten this house under control. Pretty much everything has a place. So now, when I can't find something it makes me FURIOUS! I used to get frustrated, but would just think that it wasn't surprising I couldn't find things because there was no order in our house. Now that I know where things should go, if something isn't in it's place it's like I'm at a loss as to where to even look because everything has a place and I would notice it if it were in the wrong place! Does that make sense? I think I'm going to break down and try to find a place to buy a new charger tomorrow. I'm not sure I can go much longer without my camera.
p.s.2- to make things even more annoying, two of my fingertips are cracked and split open at the tip by my finger nail, because my skin is is psychotic and that makes typing, buttoning, zipping and just plain touching things with those fingers painful (and it's my thumb and middle finger, each on a different hand, so I use the fingers a lot!) It's one of those constant annoying pains.
p.s.3- and just so I don't sound so negative, I'm SO thrilled the snow is melted (mostly) and it's been almost 40 degrees the last couple days so the kids have been able to ride their bikes and play outside! It's HEAVEN (well, if heaven had cracked finger tips, dead battery chargers and husbands who have to work too much and so we don't get to see enough of them!!!)

3 comments:

amy said...

Sarah, I missed you. I was looking for you tonight, but I TOTALLY understand why you didn't come. Wouldn't that be great if Landon and Johnny were in the same class? Are you doing half day or full day? Hope tomorrow is a great day!

Searls Stuff said...

So, you get to choose between half and full day kindergarten? Go for half; they take a nap and have snack during the other half anyway.
And about the cracked fingers; I get that too! I haven't found anything that helps. I usually end up wearing bandaids on them all winter long.
Love ya!

Amanda said...

So you didn't go...I guess you could always skipp school all together and just keep him home. Then we could be the weird homeschooling sisters.