Grant threw up last night. That's always fun. I checked on the kids at about 11:30, and Grant was sitting up in his crib, sucking his thumb singing his thumb sucking song (you know, when they do that humming while sucking?). I picked him up, he felt a little warm, but not much to worry about. I snuggled him a bit, gave him a drink then laid him back down. About 15 minutes later I heard the unmistakable sound of throwing up. I dashed in there and tried to get him cleaned up without waking up the other two kids or Steven. Luckily, Grant is such a mellow guy. He didn't really cry while I was cleaning him up which is nice. But we didn't get much sleep. He slept in my bed the rest of the night, and we were later joined by Addie. Luckily, Addie loves to cuddle up to Steven, so she stayed out of my space (until Steven went to work at around 4ish, then she climbed to my side and I was tightly sandwiched between her and Grant!). Grant woke up a couple times more, asking for a 'do' which I think I've figured out is 'drink'. He didn't throw up any more though. I'm hoping it was a random fluke and no one else gets it. I can handle a lot when it comes to sick kids, but throw up is one thing I really have a hard time handling.

Because of the throwing up, we stayed home from preschool today. The kids were all awake before 7:00, so I was kind of glad that we got to stay home all day. I didn't get much sleep last night and have a lot I should do today, so it's nice to know I have all day to get it done. I striped my bedding and put it in a pile at the top of the stairs to carry down the next time I went down (my sheets and stuff are too bulky to put down the laundry chute). Then I started to sort and fold about 8 loads of laundry. The next time I looked out the door I found Grant, asleep on top of the sheets with his lovey. Poor thing. He's exhausted (but OH so cute!). Landon and Addie thought it was SO cute. Addie cuddled with him for a bit.

And I couldn't resist taking a picture of this cute bum and those sweet feet!

I'm hoping I can be productive today AND get a nap. But we'll see if that will happen. I already finished most of the laundry, and the kids put their laundry away and cleaned up the back bedroom (where their clothes are kept) so I feel like if I can just maintaining the state of the house we'll be okay. Usually taking a nap is not conducive with maintain a clean house though!
2 comments:
That bum shot of Grant could totally be Landon. He is getting so big. I miss you guys. We are staying home today also. I think we are going to make pretzels.
Grant sounds so much like Sophie! I wish they could get to know each other.
Post a Comment