Sunday, March 21, 2010

Zoo fun

We decided to take advantage of our zoo pass and headed down to the zoo this weekend. It worked out great because my dad and sister, Hannah, were headed to the airport to fly to Boston to visit the Elmers so we were able to meet up with them for lunch before they flew out and before we went to the zoo. There was plenty of kisses!Plenty of cuteness!Great company!And decent food.

After lunch we were headed off to the zoo. Landon only wanted to see the monkeys! Luckily, they did love the penguins and especially liked petting the sharks on our way to the monkeys.It was the perfect day for going to the zoo. The weather was beautiful and it wasn't too busy. I'm really mad though because I forgot to take pictures of the baboons, where we spent a lot of our time! There were two baby baboons and the kids LOVED watching them. Even Grant was mesmerized by them! It was so cute to watch the families interact. We saw a 'brother' baboon who tried to take the baby from the mom. The mom swatted him away, and he threw such a tantrum! Started digging a hole in the dirt and throwing dirt everywhere! The kids got quite a kick out of it (as did Steven and I)! We were so fascinated by them that I forgot to take pictures of them. Darn it!! I did get another monkey that we saw on our way out.Grant decided to sleep some of the way home, which meant he wasn't ready for bed. I've seen Grant laying on his tummy while coloring in a coloring book with Landon or Addie MANY times, but he always gets up before I can snap a picture. I was folding laundry and had Grant laying on the bed playing with my DS and when I looked up at him I just had to snap some pictures!! It was a perfect day spent with the family! Life doesn't get much better!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I didn't know you could pet sharks at the indy zoo. Also I wish I could have watched the baby monkeys with you guys. And, Grant looks like Bennett in the last pic. Love ya!

tacy said...

was grant actually playing the ds?!!

Lace and Joe said...

Love the pictures...

Searls Stuff said...

Your kids are pretty gutsy to be sticking their fingers in a shark tank! Impressive!

Beans. said...

Grant is so cute! I just want to eat him up! Mom said you guys were coming up soon! I hope soo!! Love you guys!!