
1-Promptings VS Thoughts- Not too long ago, someone made the comment that when they were little, they saw a man, a big burly man, who was walking up to talk to his father. He had the thought 'Wouldn't it be funny if this BIG man, had a high, girly voice?' And as soon as the man started to talk, out came a high, girly voice. The person relating the story shared this as an example of receiving a prompting and hearing the Holy Ghost talk with us. Ever since then I've been thinking about this. Was that the Holy Ghost talking to him? Or was is a random coincidence that he thought that, and it was true? Why would the spirit share with someone that another person's voice will be high, which is totally irrelevant and not helpful or useful to ANYONE and the person receiving it wasn't even seeking the information, while others search and search for an answer to big things, only to feel like the Lord is fine with either decision and it's left up to them? I'm not saying we can't receive revelation that we're not 'seeking for' but usually, it's for the good of someone. I'm still not sure what I think about all of this. And I'm not sure it really matters very much, just something I've been thinking about.

2- I LOVE SPRING!! I've always been a person who LOVES the fall. I love when the air gets cooler, and the leaves start changing, and you have to pull out some sweatshirts. But lately, after the winter we've had, I am SO ecstatic that it's warming up! I mean, look at this picture of Grant. Short sleeves OUT SIDE! It's WONDERFUL! We've been able to play outside, check the mail without shoes on, and best of all, I don't have to lug every one's coats around with me every time we go somewhere! We've been able to have our windows and front door open, letting the fresh air into our house! It's been great!! I feel like a new person, and to make things all the more exciting, the bulbs I planted last fall and starting to poke up through the mulch out front! Oh I am SO EXCITED!!

3- "As long as I'm happy..."- This is something else I've been thinking about lately. This whole 'As long as I'm happy, you should be happy for me' attitude some people have. 'Yes, I'm not dependable because I'm too wrapped up in myself, but as long as I'm happy, that's all that matters' or 'I used you to get what I want, but I have to look out for me and what makes me happy.'- It BAFFLES me that people actually think this way. Really, how self-centered do you have to be to act and think that way? I'm realizing that it's going to be harder and harder to raise my children to not be selfish in the world we live in now. EVERYTHING is about you. It kind of drives me nuts!!

4- Medicine- This was Landon's finger a couple day's ago. He'd been on an antibiotic for a couple days at that point and his finger is looking quite a bit better. His finger by his nail got a bit infected and we finally decided to take him in to have it looked at. I'm SO thankful that we live in a time where we have these simple ways of making life better. Antibiotics, pain meds, allergy medicine, epidurals, all makes life SO much better! What would we do without them? I don't even want to think about it!

5- I LOVE PIZZA! I love pizza like a 14 year old boy loves pizza. But I REALLY love Buck Creek Pizza! It's a little place we found a couple weeks ago and it is SO yummy!! Yesterday Steven called to tell me that he was on his way home from work, but he had ordered a Buck Creek Pizza and was going to pick it up on the way home. I was so excited! Oh, it's so yummy! And LOADED!! Look how thick these slices are!

OH YUM!!
6-Honestly, my kids are SO cute! I could just watch them all day. Everything they do is cute!
edit.jpg)





And now I'm going to lay on my bed, cuddle up with them, and watch 'The Incredibles' (or nap, if I'm lucky!).
3 comments:
We miss those kids so so so so much! And, I seriously, always thought it was called Butt creak pizza. oops
Okay, why haven't I had Butt Creek Pizza? and it is agreed that your kids are so so so cute. Love those guys and I love you too :)
I have the PERFECT example of number 3, but I'll email you.
Post a Comment