Sunday, June 27, 2010

...and we're back in business!

I am so happy to report that we finally got a new computer!!! I seriously can't type my excitement!! I had just resigned myself to the fact that we were going to have to use our piece of junk laptop for a while, but then Steven was trying to 'clean up' the laptop, so it wouldn't run so slow, and he did something that made it pretty much unusable! So, we broke down and got a new one. Oh the joy and relief that brings! Who ever said 'things' don't bring happiness? (just kidding, I know that 'things' don't make us happy, I was just as happy even with a crappy computer, but life is a bit more enjoyable with a working one!)

Now I've got to play catch up and try to post all my pictures from the past little while. Last Sunday we decided to let the kids stay up late to catch fire flies. Since it isn't getting dark until about 9:30, they hadn't really seen the fire flies yet because they're always in bed. Landon and Addie were SO excited to watch and wait for them, then catch them. My pictures turned out terrible, but it was pretty fun and exciting!I also have a lot of pictures from when we took the kids fishing last weekend. They really enjoyed themselves, even though they didn't catch many fish. Landon caught three, and Addie caught two, but both of hers jumped off the line before she pulled them onto the shore. Steven and I both thought it was pretty gross, to be honest. Neither of us are big fishers, but the kids seemed to like it. Addie liked picking the worms out of the container and handing them to Steven, and she liked 'petting' the fish Landon caught. It kind of surprised me, because she's pretty girly! Okay, enough talk, onto the slew of pictures!Landon and Addie, petting the fish.

2 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

You timed your reappearance on your blog just right! I have been so out of the loop with my stupid clot issue that I didn't know you weren't blogging. I would have missed you if I had been feeling better. So, welcome back anyway!

Anonymous said...

Yay, for fireflies! :) That made me happy to read since I caught fireflies for the first time this week (and we kept the kids up late so they could do it too)! :)