Can I just share with anyone who is reading this, that I HATE that I feel so dependant on computers!! Our computer broke this week. And of course at the WORST possible time! My mom was supposed to come up here to teach a class for our Relief Society Quarterly Meeting about keeping your kids busy in the summer. Well, because my Granny is really sick and not doing well at all, my mom has been in Ohio for about 3 or 4 weeks and wasn't able to make it up here for it. So teaching the class fell on me. I felt COMPLETELY unqualified to teach this class (after all, the summer is the easy time of year for keeping my kids busy. Summer is no different than winter around here except that at least we can go outside and to the park! I don't have school age kids I'm trying to keep busy while they're out of school, but anyway...).
So I spent WAY more time than was probably necessary looking up different things to keep your kids busy. I just kept making different WORD documents with all my info in it. Well, on Wednesday, the day before the class, my computer decided to shut itself off, and would NOT start back up! All my info was inaccessible!! Oh man. I was about to have a major panic attack! I called Steven at work, just about in tears, and he told me to call the guy who worked on our computer last to see if there was anything that could be done. Nope! He said it was most likely just a part that needs to be replaced, but without him looking at it, there was nothing that could be done, and he lives 3 hours south, by my parents!!
I was SO thankful that earlier that day, before the computer died, that I had printed off two of my MANY things to look over. I thought I'd go ahead and print them off so I could sit downstairs with the kids and watch them while I was looking over the info. I like to think that I was prompted to do that, because had I not, I would have had NOTHING!! Anyway, I ran to a friends house later that night, looking up and printing off a few last minute things and spent a good part of Thursday praying that I would not disappoint everyone who was coming to this class!! The class came and went and it was fine. Nothing memorable or impressive, but at least I didn't come across like a total idiot (at least, I hope I didn't).
Anyway, I'm just mad that the computer isn't working. I finally got this piece of junk laptop to recognize the Internet connection, so I can do basic things on here, but the 'S' key doesn't work half the time, and it's SLOW!! And the worst part is that I can't add pictures on here. So until the other computer is fixed, we are going to have some boring, if any, blog posts. For instance, the fun day we had today taking the kid fishing, then to a county market out in the middle of nowhere, then to a great little pie shop (that we love) is just going to have to wait to be blogged about! There, now that I've vented I feel a bit better, well, not really, but hopefully we'll get our computer fixed soon!!!
2 comments:
Our computer kept shutting off a couple of weeks ago and we found that it was full of lint. Try cleaning the inside. There's some kind of safety mechanism that won't let it stay on if it's dirty inside. Craig used his air compressor on ours, but canned air will work too. Good luck! (And I'm sure your class was fabulous. Wish I could have been there.)
I second Gigi's suggestion, ours didn't overheat as much after we vaccuumed out the years of dust. Also, I really think you guys need to upgrade, but I've been saying that for a while now. If you come to Boston, you can have our old one.
Post a Comment