Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The truth: From the kids!

I decided to ask the kids some questions about me and Steven to see what their opinions of us were. I asked them separately, with the other one in a different room, so they (mainly Addie) wouldn't be tempted to just repeat the other's answers. Landon is 5 1/2 and Addie is 4. Here are their answers, unedited:

ABOUT MOM:

1. What do I say to you the most?
Landon: I love you.
Addie: I wuv you.

2. What makes me happy?
Landon: Me working with you and obeying you.
Addie: Not wiping off your kisses.

3. What makes me sad?
Landon: Ummm...not obeying you. I mean, that makes you grumpy, not sad.
Addie: Wiping off your kisses.

4. How old am I?
Landon: 19 (just 10 years off)
Addie: 4

5. What is my favorite thing to do?
Landon: Play 'Memory' with us.
Addie: Fold the laundries.

6. What am I really good at?
Landon: Helping me and making birthday cakes.
Addie: Doing your lesson (which is weird, because I don't do any lessons except for FHE)

7. What is my job?
Landon: To work all day and clean the house.
Addie: Doing laundry.

8. What am I not very good at?
Landon: Ummm...can't think of anything (I LOVE THAT KID!)
Addie: Not obeying (can you tell she thinks she's in charge around here? I love her too!!)

9. What is my favorite food?
Landon: Salad
Addie: Steak

10. How do you know I love you?
Landon: That's a hard one...ummm...because I'm your kid!
Addie: Because I'm so cute.

ABOUT STEVEN:
1. What does Dad say to you the most?
Landon: Hey WANDON, I love you! (Steven, often calls Landon 'Wandon' because Landon used to have a hard time saying his 'L's')
Addie: Hey! You're pretty!

2. What makes Dad happy?
Landon: Obeying him.
Addie: That dad loves you (me, Sarah)
3. What makes Dad sad?
Landon: Not obeying him.
Addie: Wiping off his kisses.

4. How old is Dad?
Landon: 69
Addie: 4

5. What is Dad's favorite thing to do?
Landon: Go to work
Addie: Helping you (me, Sarah)

6. What is Dad really good at?
Landon: Helping me play Nintendo.
Addie: Doing the dishes

7. What is Dad's job?
Landon: Going to work and doing laundry
Addie: He does the dishes

8. What is Dad not very good at?
Landon: Remembering to talk nice all the time.
Addie: Not folding the laundry, and not obeying.

9. What is Dad's favorite food?
Landon: Steak
Addie: Pasta

10. How do you know that Dad loves you?
Landon: He plays with me.
Addie: Because I'm pretty!

6 comments:

Gigi said...

Your kids are sweet Sarah! I loved their answers. Maybe I'll try that with mine... ha ha

Searls Stuff said...

How on earth did you keep a straight face when they answered you? I was cracking up just reading their answers and didn't have the added advantage of watching their little faces as they pondered their answers. Too cute! Thanks for making my day!

Lake said...

I WISH I was 19 or at least every thought I was. Thanks for the book recommendations. My email is lakerhodes@gmail.com.

Kathy said...

Love Love Love this blog. Thanks, made me smile and HeAvEn only knows how much I need to smile.

Kira said...

Too cute!!! This makes me want to ask Ella all these questions and see what she will say!

Amanda said...

I think Addie misstated your favorite food for hers.