Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ho-Hum


I've had a lazy day. It wasn't a good, 'I've earned this', kind of lazy day either. I was just lazy. Mainly because I was tired because I started reading "The Help" Monday night and haven't been able to put it down. I'm so obsessive when it comes to reading. I can't put a book down if I find it at all interesting. So I haven't gotten enough sleep and that's never a good thing! Yesterday I was able to at least make myself switch over the laundry, clean the kids room, clean up the kitchen (about 10 times), or what every else between chapters. Today though, nothing. I did feed the kids. And finally, when I finished the book, loaded the dishwasher. And I did fold some laundry while I was on the phone with Amanda, but only because it would be kind of rude if I read while I was talking to her.The kids were fine most of the day though. Steven's mom sent us a trampoline for Addie's birthday. Steven set it up last night so the kids spent a good part of their day on it. And luckily it wasn't too miserably hot to sit outside and read. Grant did fall off the trampoline twice though, because I wasn't really 'watching' and Steven hasn't set up the net enclosure yet. But luckily, it a bit smaller than normal trampolines, so it's not as high off the ground. But now, at the end of the day, I have that -sad that my book is finished-wish I wasn't so tired-why is my house such a mess- feeling. Anyway, I'm off to bed so that hopefully I'll get enough sleep and have a better day tomorrow! Wish me (and my kids) luck!p.s. the pictures are just random ones I wanted to get posted, and heavens knows this post could use a little sprucing up!

3 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

I hate the feeling of ending a book! Especially if it's not the end of a series....like when I finished Catching Fire a few months ago and I just can't wait for the next book to come out in August!

I hope I get to see you soon!!! Life is just crazy right now...changing so much it's weird...

Lake said...

Hey, I've had those sort of days too! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Kathy said...

So, did you end up loving The Help? I really enjoyed it and I find myself thinking of it often. I love you. MUCH