We had a beautiful fall this year. Fall is my very favorite season. I always hear people say how much they love spring, because everything is new, and coming back to life after winter, and while I agree, I think fall is even more rejuvenating. I feel so motivated as the weather starts to cool and everything turns such beautiful colors. So, in the spirit of motivation, I am going to try my darndest to keep this blog up. No more going a month or more between posts. I'm going to try for at least 1 a week (I'll start there, then hopefully work my way up to more...)
We were able to take advantage of the trail by our house a lot this fall. Ella, Grant and I went on a lot of bike rides, we went on a lot of family bike rides, and a lot of family walks. Landon is getting pretty good at his Ripstik.Addie is glad that Landon is loving his ripstik, because then she gets to use his bike, which she likes more than hers because it's bigger.
Here's our brood, taking up the entire trail. (And as you can see, Grant is on Addie's bike, because his bike tire broke, so it looks like our kids might be getting bikes for Christmas this year...)
Grant, Ella and I were able to enjoy a super nice day at the pumpkin patch. Our Mom's and Tots group (from church) went on a field trip to Purdue's research park, where the Ag students plant their crops. Because they can't sell their crops, they let us pick as many small pumpkins as we want, and one big pumpkin per person. Grant and Ella (and I) were in heaven. I couldn't resist all the adorable tiny pumpkins, We came home with over 60 little pie pumpkins. (in my defense, I am the Room Mom for Addie's class, and got enough for her class party so everyone could decorate pumpkins).
We took a fun little hay ride out through the orchard and the above picture was the best I could get of Ella and Grant. Ella seems to think she can smile normally for pictures anymore.
It was a great day with two great kids!



2 comments:
:)
It has been a absolutely gorgeous fall with all the leaves finally falling. Landon's skateboard looks really neat! Those paths are a perfect place for a bike ride. It is so hard for us to get to them though with all the traffic on morehouse.
Post a Comment