This year my kids Fall Break was a Thursday night through Monday night. Steven was in charge of a Nauvoo trip for the youth from church, and he had to attend. Luckily for me (and the kids) the Smith's were willing to let us hang out there while Steven was doing the touristy stuff. There are some definite perks to having good friends live in Nauvoo. Steven also ended up having work meetings about an hour away from Nauvoo, so our break extended two days while he was working.
We were excited that our weekend there was the same weekend as the Pumpkin Walk. We've gone the last couple years, and every year it's great! The kids were excited to get dressed up, and wanted to be in the parade this year. We had a beautiful Bride, an adorable princess, a super cool Wolverine, and a macho Army man.
Obviously Ella is a Princess with super thumb-sucking powers. She's such a copy cat!The city all pitches in and carves over 600 pumpkins (all differently) and they line Main street with all the different pumpkins. It really is magical!
Here we are marching down Main St. in the parade.
And I couldn't resist snapping a picture of the beautiful Temple as the sun was setting.
We were lucky to not have weather too cold, so we stayed a bit longer than we have some years in the past. The rest of our time there was filled with cooking projects, talking, playing games, and a girls day in Quincy with just me and Jennifer resulting in me getting two new pair of jeans and a new pair of boots (which was exciting for me, since I RARELY get anything new!). Steven was able to get a session in at the Temple (I had just gone a week before) and during our girls shopping day he took the kids for frozen custard (which he got for free, because people love Steven), they got carmel apples (from the Fudge Factory, which are the best carmel apples ever!) and played on a friends Zip line (twice) and got pizza. I'm pretty sure the kids thought it was the best day ever. No wonder Dad's the favorite, huh?
Overall, it was a wonderful Fall Break!

2 comments:
I am so glad you guys came! I had a lot of fun. Your kids are darling. I don't remember if I told you this or not but when I was with the kids while you went shopping on Friday Landon told me he wished we were having our sleepover with our niece there.
I'm jealous... (I feel like I say that a lot). You're kids are getting so big!!
Post a Comment