Friday, November 8, 2013

School Kids=School Mom

Let me just say one thing. I LOVE my kids school. It's relatively small, which means it seems like everyone knows everyone, there are a lot of great family friendly activities (like their awesome Family Fun Night, which only costs about $5 for dinner, games, prizes and t-shirts) and like they're Muffins with Mom that they do (conviently during the book fair...)  Landon and Addie were excited to have breakfast at school with me. And Grant and Ella were excited to be at Landon and Addie's school.  
 We also got to go watch Landon's class play on the human body. He was the Gallbladder, and isn't he the most handsome and cutest gallbladder you've ever seen?!?! And don't you like our creative costume? What in the world were we supposed to do for a gallbladder costume?
 His teacher does some awesome plays with their class. They're hilarious, musical, and very informative. I swear they have to be written by retired hippies in California or something, but they're a hoot! As is his whole class (see him in the back row in the center?).
I am loving having my kids in school more than I ever imagined I would. Besides the excitement of watching them grow and learn (can I just tell you how happy it makes my mother-heart to hear my kids read? Pure joy...) but I love observing 'who' they are while they're at school. What kind of friend they are. What kind of leader they are. It's really remarkable. And I imagine it's only going to get better (and more stressful) as they get older.

1 comment:

Julia and Aaron said...

Hey Sarah! I remember that picture:). I second your thoughts on school. I love watching the kids grow and learn and it is interesting to see their interactions with other kids and a little concerning sometimes!

I've been wondering how to influence certain characteristics in them and how to discourage certain behaviors besides flat out saying "behave!" I went to lunch the other day and all of Eldon's little friends were a little "immature"--I wont get specific!:) Maybe it's because it's a phase and we are dealing with 2nd graders? It'll be interesting to see what they're like at 18:).

I'm so glad you are blogging more often! I love reading and writing posts!