Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ella's 3!!

I interrupt the string of catch-up posts to inform everyone that Ella had a birthday yesterday!! I can't believe Ella turned 3! And I can't believe we don't have a 2 year old in the house anymore. 
 Ella thinks this face is the funniest thing ever. We see it a lot...
I've learned that my kids are a lot like me, and love any reason to celebrate and party! I've also learned to not buy the squeeker blowers, because my kids drive me crazy with those things. So, we buy the party blowers that don't make any noise (even though Ella hums loud when she blows it because she thinks it should make noise).
I had three great helpers decorating, making the cupcakes, and decorating the cupcakes. Grant helped me make the cupcakes.
Addie helped decorate the cupcakes and blew up balloons.
And Landon found 'Daniel Tiger' printable cupcake toppers and helped cut them out and decorate the cupcakes.
Ella made sure to tell us that she wanted a 'Daniel Tiger' cake. However, I don't have a piping set, and I couldn't talk my mom into coming up just to make the cake for me, so we improvised. I didn't get a picture of the final result, but Ella was thrilled with it, so that's all that counts. I also decided to do cupcakes because Grants birthday is in a month and I knew we didn't need to eat a whole cake for Ella's birthday, so I froze about 20 of the 27 cupcakes to save for Grant's birthday. No one seemed to notice, and it was nice to not have all the extra cake around for the kids to make a mess with (also, I don't like cake at all, so it was easy for me to decide that we didn't need all the leftovers, had they been cookies though, that would have been a totally different story!).

Ella had been talking ALL DAY about 'making a wish'. She couldn't wait until it was time to blow out her candles!
She also couldn't stop giggling about the simple cheap decorations we put up for her. It's the simple things that count. 




After eating cupcakes it was time to open presents. I don't know who was more excited. Ella or the other kids!
She got a lot of fun things. Grandma sent her a supermarket scanner toy (which has been a HUGE hit among all my kids!), a Mickey Mouse musical floor piano, and a Fijit (which I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose of it is).

 She also sent an adorable tutu, which Ella was BEYOND thrilled with (she even insisted on wearing it to the Dentist, Doctor's office, out to lunch, and to her friends house today). Her reaction to seeing it was PRICELESS!!
 She had to put it on right away and show us some of her beautiful ballet moves.
She also got a puzzle, a box of fruit snacks (we don't buy fruit snacks very often, so those were a huge hit, and were gone by this morning), a coloring book and some cheap bracelets and a Target gift card from Nana and Grampy. Overall, I'd say it was the perfect birthday for our perfect three year old!!

And now, (starting tomorrow) back to the catch-up posts.

1 comment:

Tally Layton said...

Happy Birthday Ella Bella Sweet As Jella! It sounds like she hit the jack pot. :)