It was Ella's first time going to the dentist. And when it's your first time they write your name on their front board. Ella, however, was crying before we even pulled into the parking lot because she didn't want to go to the dentist (even though all my other kids were going, and they all love the dentist).
So below is the best shot I got with Ella next to her name on the sign. She was being quite the stinker!
After a LOT of coaxing, and allowing her to bring two trains from the train table, we finally got her in the red chair. She kept asking the lady (and me) 'Um... I don't want to do this. I don't have to do this, right?' It was pretty funny!
And here the best shot I could get of my four kids, filling up all four dentist chairs.
Grant had to check on Ella, to make sure she was doing alright.
And after even more coaxing they convinced her to let them paint her teeth purple.
However, once it was time to clean her teeth, she was singing a different tune. And by that point, it was too late because she already had a mouth full of purple teeth that needed to be cleaned off!
Once the doctor came over, she was really changing her mind. She started to get a bit worried.
Then started getting sad...
Then she just had a full on melt down...for the next 30 minutes. Even though we were done by that point.
And even though she got to pick out a toy. And even though we left the office. And even when we go to the doctors office. She still wouldn't stop crying. Wouldn't close her mouth (for some reason she thought she had to keep her mouth open, because she just went to the dentist) and wouldn't swallow. So I was towing around a crying, open mouthed, drool bucket. Once I got her over the dentist appointment, it was time for her flu shot. Oh joy...
Once we were done with all the appointments I took my kids to Pizza Hut's lunch buffet. They had never been to it before (that they could remember) and thought it was the best thing ever!! 'You mean we can get a piece of pizza, and jello, and crackers, and peaches, and salad, and bread sticks'. Honestly, you'd have thought they'd died and gone to heaven. Even after school they were talking about how cool it was. I'll need to remember that for when I need a good bribe...
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! This post was so funny, even though you probably didn't think so at the time. Miss Ella sure is precious. And I love the one of Grant checking on her. So sweet!
Pizza Hut pretty much IS heaven! Ella is so cute!
I <3 that Grant had to check on Ella to see if she was okay!
Post a Comment