Saturday, July 12, 2008

He's BACK!!

We picked Landon up this morning, and BOY! did I miss that kid!! He was excited to see us (which was good because I was worried he would freak out and start crying because he knew he had to leave Nana and Grampy!) but he was REALLY excited to see Addie. He just kept hugging her and saying 'Hi Sis!!' My mom has, amazingly enough, turned him into a neat freak in the one week she had him. He walked into our house, saw the couple toys Addie was playing with and a shirt on the chair and said 'Mom, this house is a mess!!' Then he went into the kitchen pointed to the couple dishes in the sink and said 'See, a mess!' Then he told me he didn't want to stay at our house, because it was a mess so he wanted to go to Nana's house, because it was clean!! I told him that I had cleaned his room and taken the baby crib down, but when he saw it all he noticed was that his bed wasn't made (because I was washing the sheets). He looked at me all disappointed like and said 'Mom, this isn't clean. You have to make the bed.' Then he jumped up there and made his bed!! After that he walked into my room, saw that our bed wasn't made and very exasperated exclaimed 'MOM! You HAVE to make the beds!! Let me help you.' So he helped me make my bed. Hopefully this will be something that sticks with him, since he seriously is one of the messiest kids ever!


My mom made a really cute photo album for the kids to take home from "Grandparents Camp" and Landon looked at his most of the way home, and even fell asleep looking at it tonight. He just had so much fun!!


It was nice to get a little break and only have one kid all week, but I am SO happy to have Landon back. He's such a sweet loving kid, and is just so much fun to be with!!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE the picture of Landon asleep with his book. I am so happy that he liked it. And... I didn't make him make his bed all week. I don't know what made him say all of that. I only made them clean up their own messes before going to another mess. It wasn't boot camp!!

Gigi said...

Do you think your mom will let me send Logan to her house?

Anonymous said...

I miss landon too. He is one of my favorite boys! Thanks for all your help with the move! I hope that you got to enjoy the rest of your week with just addie. miss you.

Katy Wilson said...

i am going to send my kids to your moms house...if she isn't dead by the time i'm popping them out...

Anonymous said...

sounds like Landon had a great time. Hopefully he keeps up the desire to make his bed and clean up his messes.

Lynners said...

So cute! Thank heaven for Grandmas that love to help out!!!