Sunday, July 20, 2008

Too tired to care...

Do you ever have those moments when you're tired, and everyone in your house is sleeping, and you know morning is going to come with all of it's demands ALL TOO SOON, yet you can't drag yourself to bed, even though you're not doing a single productive thing? I'm faced with that dilemma just about every night. In fact, if I am, on the off chance, doing something productive, it's a lot easier to go to bed, because chances are I didn't want to do those dishes, or fold that laundry, or mop the floor, or who knows what else any way. But it's on these quite nights when every ones sleeping and I have this time ALL TO MYSELF to browse people's blogs, talk on the phone, watch TV, read a book, eat a treat without having to share (yes, I know this is the source of my weight problems, both that I like treats and have major issues with sharing my food) or do any of the countless things I don't find time to do during the day, that I can't hardly drag myself to bed, even though my tired pregnant body is PLEADING for sleep. Why is it that I ultimately torture myself, just to get this little glimpse of freedom before I'm put to work again tomorrow? Am I the only one who faces this problem night after night? You'd think I'd learn when I wake up at 6:45 with an ADORABLE almost 4 year old impatiently insisting the he NEEDS breakfast NOW, and my eyes and body are screaming 'YOU IDIOT! WHY DID YOU WASTE ALL THAT VALUABLE SLEEP TIME DOING NOTHING LAST NIGHT?!?!?!'

Maybe eventually I'll develop enough self discipline to put myself to bed, and quit acting like a kid who's parent's have told them that they can stay up as late as they want, so that kid is fighting to keep their eyelids open, for the sake of staying awake, and nothing else. Until then, I'll keep up to date at reading every one's blogs!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

You crack me up! Some things never change. Do you remember when you were young and you would fall asleep on the floor, couch, chair, etc and when I would tell you to go to bed, you would get mad and say, "I am not asleep!" Yeah, you are a funny funny girl. Prepare, I am sure Landon will have the same tendencies when he is older...... imagine that?!

molly said...

Hi Sarah. My two winner's for the Kate Grenier magnets never contacted me so today is your lucky day. Contact me by the end of the day if you would like to take home the lovely beach magnets.

Molly
My Favorite Things.

Leah said...

And then when you get there you can't fall asleep because you have pregnancy insomnia...or is that just me?

Kayli said...

Hey Sarah,
this is Kayli Bell from first ward. I totally relate to this post. TOTALLY. If I just read the blogs that I care about, and then got off the computer, that would be one thing. But I have to do a little blog hopping and look at random things until I am forced to bed by my husband. The worst is if he's away for the night...then I could stay up till the wee hours of the morning!

Yeah, blog hopping is fun though--that's how I got to read this!

I have a question for you. How do you make your blog so that the text takes up all of the screen instead of just a column down the middle? I would DEARLY love to do that with my own blog, so if you can point me in the right direction, I would appeciate it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

ditto :)

Lynners said...

That makes me laugh! Blogging gets me too. I hate to stay up late, but when it comes to surfing everyone's blogs I have a hard time making myself quit and go to bed!