Sunday, July 27, 2008
Tag Team
Steven and I are doing the 'tag team' church game today. Landon has a cold (cough, horse voice, runny nose, fun stuff like that) so we decided to keep him home from church today. As a result, Steven and I have been playing tag team all day. Because our church is run by the members of the church on a voluntary basis (no one is paid for their work in the church) Steven and I both have responsibilities on Sunday. Steven is the ward Executive Secretary (he helps our Bishop and his counselors with their scheduling and appointments). So Steven had to be at church at 10:00 for meetings, even though our church doesn't start until 1:00. But I had a meeting at 12:00, because I am a counselor in the Young Women's program (a program geared towards girls ages 12-18) So, Steven went in at 10:00, came home at ten till noon, when I went to my meeting, then I stayed for Sacrament Meeting (our first meeting in our church's 3 hour block of meetings). I left a bit early so Steven could get back for the Sunday School hour, when he is keeping things organized with people's appointments with the bishopric. Then he'll come home during the third hour of church so I can go to Young Women's. Luckily we don't live too far from the church, so we're not wasting TOO much gas. But still, it makes for a crazy hectic (boring for the kids) day! Well, maybe I'll start dinner while I'm waiting for Steven to get back, that way we can eat right after church. Hope you all had a more relaxing and uplifting Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment