
*This picture is obviously courtesy of Google, not from our trip!
I posted a blog last night about getting Landon from my parents, but I forgot to tell everyone about what we, the adults, did on our last day without the kids. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures to document our adventure, but I'll try to give it justice.After much distress about what we should do with our last day of freedom (dreams of going out of town and far away were quickly smashed!) we finally decided to go tubing down the wildcat creek. It was SO much fun! We got a babysitter for the two little kids who couldn't go to 'Grandparents Camp' and we spent a blissful two + hours just relaxing on a tube and drifting down the creek. It was great, until we got to a shallow part where the water was moving a bit faster. I had just switched to riding the tube on my belly, and when my knee hit a rock it made my tube shoot out from under me, and my tube kept floating down stream. Steven tried to help me, but seeing as how we are about the clumsiest people on earth, we were having a hard time. I was stumbling all over the slippery sharp rocks, getting pretty banged up, when Steven tried to get back on his tube (after I made him fall off since I was hanging on for dear life) he flipped over the tube and hit his head on a rock. As you can see, we really aren't the most athletic or graceful people ever. Somehow (after Casey started wading though the rapids to give my tube back to me) we finally got out.
Anyway, we had a good time, and we're thinking of taking the bigger kids this weekend. We'll have to be sure to buy life jackets for them though. Anyway, after we got cleaned up from the river mess, we went to dinner at Olive Garden. It was a pretty great way to spend our last day without the older kids.
4 comments:
Classic Harward story!! I'm rollin just reading it! I can see the whole thing in my head, its funny! I'm glad you guys were ok though! Sounds like a great week!
oh man i laughed out loud picture that situation!!! i wish you did have some pictures....but since everyone was trying to save your life the odds of stopping to pose for the camera seems a little silly
Wow and you're going back with kids in tow? You must be glutton for punishment! :) Good on ya.
I laughed so hard reading that! You really are very unathletic and uncoordinated. I wonder where landon gets it from?? Sounds like fun though! Miss you dearly!
Post a Comment