Friday, February 6, 2009

Disappointment...

{this picture has nothing to do with the post, but he sure is cute, isn't he?}

So, as my previous post indicated, I had my first class for quilting group last night. In the true fashion of my day yesterday, it didn't turn out good. Steven came home about a half hour before I was supposed to leave. I was in the bathroom with Addie trying to get her to poo in the pot (too much info? Sorry...it's my life...) I knew she had to go, but she wouldn't go in the potty! Well, I sat in there with her for the next 45 minutes to no avail. I would have given up, like I did the night before, but I learned from the night before that as soon as we got her undies on her, she would poo in them. So she was mad at me and I was mad at her. Anyway, I ended up being about 30 minutes late to my quilting class (which is luckily an Enrichment group at our church, so it wasn't too life threatening if I was late). When I finally got there, Grant was screaming because he was so hungry, because I didn't feed him before I left the house, because I didn't want to be any later. So I sat down and fed him. As I was burping him, he had a HUGE blow out. So huge that it was up to his shoulder blades!! So, I had to go bath him with wet wipes in the mothers lounge and change his clothes. By the time I got him settled and got back to the class I was so far behind it was hopeless! I asked the teacher if I could just come by her house sometime this week and she could help me catch up, she said that would work. So, I loaded up and left early, mainly because my day was so horrible and I had been so looking forward to this class, that I was nearly in tears sitting there realizing it wasn't the outlet I was hoping it would be. I got in the car and had a good cry the whole way home (remember, I'm still postpartum). When I got home and Steven asked me how it was, I just lost it again. Poor guy, he's not quite sure what to do with me. Anyway, here's to hoping to today's better than yesterday. It's looking more promising. We're planning on taking the kids to the gymnastic place again, Steven and I are going to go out to dinner before our marriage institute class tonight to celebrate our anniversary which is tomorrow. Steven's mom is coming in to visit tomorrow, so we're going out tonight. Anyway, here's to hoping the day goes well...heaven knows after the week I've had I need it...

5 comments:

JHayes said...

Got to love those blow outs. We just had a little girl a couple weeks after your Grant was born. She's had a couple that I think were up to MY shoulder blades! Now THAT'S too much info.:) Hope you're well, you have a GREAT looking family!

Anna said...

So many similarities to my day...atleast both pooping stories. For the love!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry...after your day yesterday I was really hoping that you'd have a great night. Try to get out again tonight...what are the chances of the same thing happening twice? :)

Searls Stuff said...

Oh no! Just don't give up. It will be worth it in the long run. Keep me posted.

Candace said...

I understand what it feels like to have a girls' night out and needing it to be more than just "fun." And I understand when it isn't--I'm so not post-partum even. I feel for you. I know life is great but somedays I just want to beg my children and husband: "May I please have a time-out? I'm not being naughty--even though I am thinking about it. Please let me have a time-out."
I love you and feel for you.