Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Random thoughts...

  • First of all, I hope no one thought that I was comparing our President to Hitler in my previous post. I wasn't by any means trying to say that he's going to lead us to a second holocaust. I just meant people's fascination with him is similar. So, I'm so sorry if my rant lead people to believe that I feel a way that I don't. (p.s. I'm still mad about the ad on PBS though...)
  • I was so happy to get out of the house today and take the kids to Malone's Gymnastics for play group. They had fun, I got to talk with other moms, and we didn't feel stir crazy spending the rest of the day at home.
  • I swear I could kiss Grant (and my other two kids, if they'd slow down enough, and Steven too for that matter...) all day long and never get tired of it!
  • You know what drives me crazy? Facebook. I have a facebook account, but don't really use it, because I think my blog is much more fun and personal.
  • But what really drives me crazy, is when people put vague things on their facebook pages as their 'status'. For example 'Sarah is wondering why she had to do that...' DO WHAT? Either give me the nitty gritty details, or don't say anything. What do you want me to do with that? Beg you for more info? Then I just seem like a nosey-rosey. Ignore it? Then I seem uncaring. Just don't beg for attention like that...
  • I really do think that my kids are uncontrollably cute!! Really....I do
  • I also think my kids could drive the most saintly person to the devil...
  • I often wonder, when are horrible things going to start happening to me, because I've been so blessed in my life so far, and it seems unfair compared to other peoples hardships.
  • I probably spent a good hour or more coloring today. I've been making file folder games for my kids. I had the option of printing the things off in color, but I really like coloring, plus it saves the color ink.
  • I wouldn't consider myself a girly-girl, but I love wearing what jewelry I have (which isn't a TON) and I love having my toenails painted (but for some reason, I never remember to paint them until I'm in the shower, and I can't really do it then, now can I?)
  • I went to my quilting class tonight. I'm surprise at how much I'm enjoying it. I honestly wasn't expecting to enjoy sewing/quilting. I was mainly just doing it to learn the skills. I'm glad that I'm actually enjoying it.
  • I'm now going to go to bed and cuddle up to my insanely handsome husband and warm my toes on his heat emitting legs (I swear, he's like a heater. You can feel the heat coming off of him...)

6 comments:

Gigi said...

Your kids are cute Sarah. There's no denying it!

If you're willing to share, I'd love copies of your file folder stuff. I need to put something more than paper and colored pencils together for my kids to use in sacrament meeting.

I might also have to check out Malone's Gym one of these days. It sounds like tons of fun.

JHayes said...

I wouldn't apologize at all for your comments regarding our esteemed leader. What he has done in his first month of office is frightening. The stock market has gone down more than it did last September/October (by the way, that was convenient timing wasn't it?? Hmmmm...) This is classic Frog-in-the-water stuff. From his Universal Voluntary Public Service program (volunteer programs don't stimulate the economy by the way, WORKING does. Leave it to families and churches to organize volunteers, but I guess since they've destroyed God and promoted glorified every version of a "family" except the one that works, the voids left must be filled with government) to that ridiculous Obama Youth Junior Fraternity Regiment which was going on during the campaign. It might not have been FORMALLY sanctioned by him, but it operated out of a taxpayer funded community center.
All I know is that during the campaign, he ridiculed those who called him a socialist. Now the cover of NewsWeek (which is a rag by the way, I just use it to illustrate) says we are all Socialists now and we're talking about nationalizing the banks and running $1 Trillion dollar yearly deficit for the next decade (See the January 7th issue of the Washington Post), and these are the same people who complained about Bush's spending??
Anyway, nobody thought Hitler would turn out to be Hitler, and as our "leaders" continue to erode the constitution, it's protections and the very principles that made us the dominant superpower and the greatest country in the world, we are left vulnerable to the whims of tyrants and the mind-numbed sycophants that follow them. So no Sarah, don't apologize for anything.:)

joanna said...

I was going to leave a political comment, but I'll just say, "See JHayes above."
However, Obama is very mainstream, as far as popularity, just like every other liberal leader. We're supposed to love him because it's cool to do so, not because we are analyzing what he's telling us. If we did analyze it, we would see he is leading us to deep, deep national debt.

Also, OMG (oh my gosh) I was thinking the same thing about when are bad things going to happen to me? I mean, bad things have happened off and on, but anytime I'm in a "good" time, I just wait for the bad. We shouldn't do that to ourselves.

Lynners said...

You do have adorable children! I love reading all the stories in your right column. My hubby and I have had many laughs thanks to your kids!

And I don't blame you for being annoyed about that add. I agree that I want total control of teaching my kids about what makes for a good family.

I hope however, that the Obamas are in a good family situation. Maybe a good example will help the county. But I agree, it shouldn't be presented strait to children, usurping the parents!!!

I'm dang annoyed that the same people who were trying to throw our last president out on his ear are now calling for unification behind this president. That seams pretty hypocritical to me. I decided a while ago that nothing gets done unless people come together with tolerance, but having all these celebrity hypocrites demand that I unify myself with their guy makes me really want to run screaming the other way!!

Anonymous said...

I'll paint your toenails for you while I am there. And yes, your kids are really adorable!! :) 5 more days!!

Anonymous said...

I'll paint your toenails for you while I am there. And yes, your kids are really adorable!! :) 5 more days!!