Have you ever heard that song? If so, get it out of your head, because it's not really appropriate and the song has nothing to do with this post. But the title still applies...
Right now, all three of my kids are sleeping. Can I just tell you that I really do LOVE the quite. Oh how I wish there were more if it in my life at times. That's why I have the bad habit of staying up WAY too late after my kids are in bed, just to enjoy the quite and responsibility-free hours. Having them all take a nap is just what I needed today since I had to go to the doctor this morning because of yet ANOTHER bladder infection! What's the deal with me? I have no clue. I've never had one in my life and since I've had Grant this is my 3rd and he's only 7 weeks old!! I had to take all three kids with me to the doctor, because I couldn't get a hold of Amanda and because I didn't make the appointment until this morning, it was too late of notice to really contact anyone else. After the appointment we had to run to the store to get my medicine (which I'm going to have to be on for 4 weeks to see if I can kick this thing) and the kids were throwing a HUGE fit by the end of it. I came home, made my crock pot meal for recipe group tonight. When I told the kids it was quite time, they both put up quite a fight. But my pay off came when I got to read Junie B. Jones to them and listen to them giggle at how silly she is, then they both promptly fell asleep. That's a true Afternoon Delight!!
p.s. Look at how ADORABLE Grant is in this darling outfit his pseudo-grandma Jennifer got for him. It is just TOO CUTE!!!
Look at how HUGE my baby is!! He's only 7 weeks old, but this cute outfit is a 6 month outfit!! I think it's a small 6 month outfit, but still!! He's at least 15 pounds!!!
6 comments:
He is ADORABLE! When I read your title I thought, "I wonder if she really knows what that song is about." Ha
He is such a beautiful little chunk! We hope Leslie's next one is more chunky than Maggie was.
I love the oufit! Long sleeve rompers are the best!! Did you get a new quilt for your bed finally?? One with no holes in it?? Congrats!
i've never heard of 'afternoon delights' even though i'm sure i can guess.
i want to call you on Wednesday...i hope you answer!
I could not agree more about the quiet! LOVE IT!
I can't believe Grant is 15 lbs! My 6 month old is 15 lbs! What a good boy!
I love sleeping baby pictures! He IS a big boy! Big babies are the best. :)
I am so sorry you have another bladder infection! Ok, I am no doctor, obviously, but I will tell you what I have heard because I have had UTIs before. First of all, start drinking up on pure cranberry juice (NOT the cranberry juice cocktail -- just the pure stuff if you can find it with nothing added.)
Second, and please forgive me because this is a little "personal" -- women have three "areas" down there and the front area has to be kept clean from the back area. In other words, people say to "wipe from front to back all the time" so you don't get "back" waste into the "front" area. . .
Oh...I hope you know what I mean. If not, I can email you separately. Also, maybe check WebMD.com to see if there are any tips for preventing UTIs. Your doctor should have some ideas also. :) :) Good luck!
Post a Comment