Monday, June 13, 2011

Breakfast at the Hospital

This is my good friend Marla. Marla and I met at the beginning of this past school year at the bus stop. For 6 years now, we'd lived just about 6 houses down from each other, but had never met. We became fast friends and loved to spend time together. She would often come over in the evening when the kids were in bed and we'd talk and crochet together. Of course, she moved to Indianapolis (an hour away) in January! Luckily, for me, she still works about once a week up here (she's a nurse practitioner and still works for the hospital here in town). A few weeks ago, we met up with her one morning and had breakfast at the hospital with her. It was so great to catch up! I'm so sad she's moved away. It's rare when those people come along whom you instantly feel a bond and friendship with. I'm so thankful that we're able to keep in touch though!

No comments: