Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nauvoo

On Landon's last day of school we loaded up the van and headed to Nauvoo. We always love going. I love to visit with our dear friends, the Smith's, and go to the temple and Steven loves those things, and doing a couple tours. My allergies are HORRIBLE this year, so I tried to stay inside as much as possible. I was bummed when I realized that I had brought my camera, but no memory card!! Luckily, on the last day there, Jennifer suggested I just use their camera and then she e-mailed the pictures to me.We got there late Friday night. Saturday was a day full of fun things. Jennifer and Addie made cupcakes and frosting, we made some strawberry freezer jam, and Jennifer made a super yummy Orange Cream Cheese coffee cake (which was SO good with the homemade strawberry freezer jam on it!). All before noon. Then we chatted and slowly prepared dinner. I love just hanging out in the kitchen talking and chopping and cooking!Sunday we went to church and then after a much needed nap, we made Steven's favorite dinner, Roast (we usually do prime rib, but we opted for a roast this time), Yorkshire pudding, Joe's mashed potatoes with Jennifer's delicious gravy, and carrots. Yum!Monday Steven and I were able to each go to the Temple. I was able to visit with my friend Kathy (who is my good friend Katy's mom, and owner of the world famous "Fudge Factory"). We had a delicious Memorial Day BBQ.Before we headed home on Tuesday, Steven took the kids to do a couple sites. He took the kids to the "Pioneer Past times' which they LOVE!! They came home raving about it so much, that I then took them back and played with them for about an hour more.We had such a great visit and are so thankful to have such great friends who so willingly open their home to us!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the Smith's too. I sure wish we lived close to them or they lived close to us. Looks like the kids had a blast! One of my favorite places in the world is in Jennifer's kitchen working on cooking something up.

Beans. said...

I love the Smith's three. In one of the pictures Landons hair is SO dark I didn't even know it was him!