Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One, two, skip a few...

1~The house behind ours is hidden from view by a line of pine trees. My kids LOVE to play in the trees, which makes the perfect fort. But on the other side of the trees, is the biggest yard in the neighborhood, with a tree tire swing, a concrete checker board, a water/sand table, soccer/baseball/football field, and a picnic table hidden between an old barn and a grove of trees. My kids are always begging to go over there. So this week, we did. Twice already, and it's only Wednesday. They were in heaven!! I was in heaven too! I swear it was the only time this week that Ella has stopped screaming!!! She loves to be outside, and unlike our yard, they have PLENTY of shade, so I was able to sit in the shade, listen to my book on the ipod and my kids all happily entertained themselves!2~I'm not sure what happened, but Addie woke up the other day with a swollen eye. These pictures don't quite do it justice, but it looked pretty funny. I'm almost positive she got a mosquito bite. Her bites always swell up pretty huge!(See the couch cushions in the background? One reason why kids and things don't mix well. Kids will always destroy whatever they come in contact with (my kids will at least!)
3~ Speaking of Addie. She's kind of driving me crazy lately. But it's a good thing she's so darn cute and lovable otherwise, the Gypsy's would have her by now! The other day I went to get Ella out of her bed and Addie had been in there keeping Ella company until I got there. And then I saw what had kept them so busy. Addie had taken every blanket out of the closet and layed it on Ella! Not that big of a deal, unless you're the one folding a million baby blankets (why do I have all those dang blankets anyway? Sheesh!)4~ Did I say that Addie was driving me crazy? Well, that's NOTHING compared to Ella lately. One night this past week she woke up every two to three hours. That was pretty miserable. The next night, she woke up EVERY HOUR!! I wanted to just jump out the window by 5:00!! Her top teeth are coming in and I've decided that she's not allowed to grow anymore teeth. Because she screams at me ALL. DAY. LONG. and doesn't sleep at night. It's horrible! We're on week two of this, so I'm ready for those suckers to pop through any time now!5~We've been so happy that the weather has been so nice lately! We've been spending a lot of time outside and have taken advantage of the walking trail by our house. Ella loves to be outside, and she's really been enjoying her swing (and luckily, the kids all love to push her, because, as terrible as it sounds, I don't like pushing kids on the swing. I don't know why, but I just don't really like it. I know, I know, I'm a bad mom!).6~ We had a huge storm this morning that left us without power for a while. We ran to the store, then spent the morning learning magic tricks that came in a package Grandma sent this week. Landon has had a BLAST learning these! In fact, I was explaining to him how I was doing one, while I was doing it, and at the end, when the deck of cards disappeared, he was SO amazed! Even though I was telling him, step by step what I was doing. That was the highlight of my day!

7~ I have more to write, but one of the things deserves it's own post, and the other things will just have to wait, because I'm just too tired and lazy to do more tonight (plus, So You Think You Can Dance is on, and I'd rather be watching that. No offense...)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Ella is so darn cute. Of course, all of your kids are. I miss you guys so much. Can't wait until the 4th of July weekend..... PARTY!

HoffmanFamily2 said...

Your kids are SO cute! It's a good thing they have those "cute" moments or I don't think I would survive motherhood!! Can't wait until the 4th!!!!!!!! :)
p.s. I LOVE your blog! I look forward to reading it everyday!