Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bishopric Dinner

Our church is run by the members of the church. The leaders aren't paid. They are asked to volunteer their time and efforts to work in specific areas in the church. Steven works with the bishop and his counselors. Tonight, we had a dinner for those serving in the bishopric and their wives. It actually a dinner put on by the guys to honor their wives. The food was very good, the company great, and the laughs plenty! After we got done eating, they guys had an 'Oscars Award Ceremony' planned. We (the wives) all got a trophy for a specific category. Here's is my trophy.

Yep, she's a beauty! I was going to have Steven take my picture with my trophy, but he's was working on getting the kids to sleep, and I couldn't stand not being in my pajamas any longer so I changed and just took a picture of her by myself. I won the award for being the 'Best Director'. Steven presented the award to my and basically said I won for directing the madness in our house so well. It was pretty funny!

When we got in the car, Steven said he had something else for me. He pulled out of the glove box some papers. He had asked my friends and family to write their thoughts of me and he put them all together for me. It was so sweet, and really meant a lot! He had everyone from my brother on a mission, my granny, old roommates from college, close friends who are like a second family to us, and of course himself. It meant so much to me. There are times when it's just good to know you're appreciated. Anyway, it was a fun date night. You know it's a successful date night when you come home feeling valued and better about yourself.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Totally cute!! Steven gets major props today. What a great idea!

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

Okay Steven needs to give Jason some major lessons! That is just too sweet. How is the pregnancy? I hope everything is great!

Katy Wilson said...

I'm glad that this is over now because I have been wanting to tell you that you have never told me Steven was in the bishopric...I had to ehar about it from your mom who forwarded me an email from him...
I love the trophey and i'm pumped to see you next weekend!

Alayna said...

Does Steven have a brother?

Zarsky Family said...

The trophy is too funny! :)