Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Halloween week!

We've had our fill of Halloween this week. Luckily, tonight was the only night that we came home with a lot of candy!

Tuesday we had a Halloween party for our 'Mom's and Tot's' group. I've been planning for a while that my kids would be scarecrows. Well, that didn't work out. Why? Because I'm lazy and never got any farther than getting Addie a cute little scarecrow looking jacket. SO, when Tuesday rolled around, Landon grabbed his spiderman costume and Addie ended up in Maya's old unicorn costume. She wasn't too thrilled about that, but she survived!


Bennett was an adorable little Monkey, and Maya was a super cute witch!

Landon with his vampire teeth he got at the party. He thought they were pretty cool!

Thursday we had our Joy School Halloween party. I thought that it turned out pretty good. The kids had a good time, and Landon was excited to wear his Spiderman costume in public again.

This was the only picture I got from our party because my camera battery was low. As you can see, Landon didn't want to be photographed! Addie is in the cute orange, black and white striped pants and orange and black shirt.

Then of course, tonight we had 'Trunk or Treat' at the church. This morning I was still holding out hope that I could pull together some scarecrow costumes. I had lunch with some friends (without my kids thanks to my most wonderful husband!) then afterwards the kids and I headed over to Goodwill and Walmart looking for a scarecrow hat for the kids. Both places were a MAD HOUSE! And I came home no closer to a scarecrow costume than I was before. So, we had dinner with the Elmers (the traditional 'dinner in a pumpkin') then about 10 minutes before we had to go for 'Trunk or Treat' Amanda got out some of Maya's old costumes. Landon was, once again, Spiderman, and Addie ended up being a ballerina. And boy was she cute!! We were really blessed with perfect weather! It was about 70 today, so this evening it was about 55 or 60 if that cool. It was WONDERFUL! The kids were SO excited to use their candy buckets that Grandma sent them. And they thought all the candy was just too good to be true! Landon never wanted the people to put the candy in his bucket for him because he wanted to inspect what it was before it was dropped into the bucket and lost in the candy mass!







Landon and Addie insisted I take a picture of their buckets. I swear, between the excitement of having Spiderman and Princess buckets, seeing all the costumes AND getting candy, I don't think their night could have been more exciting and fun!

4 comments:

Anna said...

How fun! Your kids look adorable!

Zarsky Family said...

I love Addie as a ballerina! How nice that their buckets matched their costumes perfectly! :)

Leah said...

You're right! Your kids are pretty cute!! And you might have been disappointed about the scarecrow but it must have been destiny that they be what they were so that their buckets matched their costumes!

Lynners said...

Your kids (and their buckets) were just darling! Good work mom!

We had great weather too. I love warm Halloweens!