I've been meaning to write these two things down, but kept forgetting. They actually just happened this week, so I'm not too far behind. I'm sure most of you won't appreciate these stories as much as I do, but, this blog is for me and my record keeping, so sorry...
The other morning I was laying in bed and Landon came in and cuddled in with me. As we were laying there I told him I loved him and was so happy he was my boy. He laid there for a minute then said 'When I'm a dad I'm going to have 61 kids.' I said 'WOW! That's A LOT of kids!' He rolled over and looked at me and said 'What will you say?' not sure what he meant I said 'I don't know' he said 'Will you say "Okay, all of these kids need to get out of the kitchen and play because I don't need to be stepping on all of these kids!!"?' The main reason this is funny is because in the evening, when I'm making dinner my kids will drag what ever toys they're playing with into the kitchen, and park themselves right at my feet. This drives me nuts because I'm always tripping on them and their toys, so, just about every night I say 'Okay, all kids out of the kitchen and go play.' And when they say 'Why' (which they always do) I reply 'Because I don't need to be tripping on my kids'.
On Sunday morning Addie woke up and climbed into bed with me to cuddle. Steven was getting ready for his meetings, and once he got dressed he went downstairs to make breakfast. As Addie and I are laying there cuddling (with her rubbing my arms (her obsession) and just snuggling her nose into my neck) she heard the waffle iron beep. It beeps when it's heated up and ready for the batter to go in, and then again when the waffle is done. So Addie hears the three beeps and pulls her head back, looks at me with very serious eyes and says 'I WANT WAFFLES!!' So I sent her down to have breakfast with Steven. Funny kids!
Another time a couple weeks ago Landon and Addie were playing in their toy room. I was in the office (just across the hall) and I heard Landon say to Addie 'Addie, I love you to death, but PLEASE stop wallowing me!' This is funny, because Addie is the biggest wallower ever! She loves to come up to me, climb on my lap and rub my arms, roll her head around on me, flip back and forth, and just wallow me to death! So, being the impatient, easily annoyed pregnant person that I am, I usually respond by saying 'Addie, I love you to death, but PLEASE stop wallowing me!'
One thing is for sure, kids sure do keep you in check when they're repeating the phrases they hear a lot!
3 comments:
Funny kids! I love it when they say such things.
I love that!!!! That is way cute!
These stories are so great! It'll be so fun to read these to Landon and Addie when their teenagers and you're driving each other crazy!
Post a Comment