Because Landon is old enough, and doesn't have asthma, he was able to receive that flu spray (just a squirt in each nostril). I was pretty happy about that. Poor Addie wasn't so lucky though. She was too young, and has asthma, so she had to get poked. Landon got his spray first and did a great job. Addie was next, and wasn't too excited about the whole thing. After they gave her the shot in her thigh, she started WAILING! Landon, hearing and seeing her cry, lost it and started crying too! He couldn't stand to see her get hurt and crying so hard. It was endearing, and sad. Needless to say, we made a stop at Wal-Mart on our way home to pick our an $0.88 toy for each of them. Addie kept saying 'Mom, I got a shock... I cried' Poor thing was nearly traumatized! Oh well, we've got another year before we've got to get another flu shot! Hopefully she'll have forgotten about it by then.
p.s. since there's no pictures, here's two random bits of info, just so I can include a picture or two...
We've been potty training Addie for two weeks now. Some days are better than others, but overall, I think we're headed in the right direction...
My grandma and grandpa Porter visited my parents recently. We were at their house the first weekend of Oct and my grandparents got into town a couple hours before we left. It was good to see them again. Okay, I'm off to watch 'Hero's'
4 comments:
funny stuff! Now I need to learn the difference between quiet words and regular words.
penis is a quiet word...classic!
I bet you're eyebrowns got a little warm...
What is the concessus (how in the world do you spell that word..you know...the word that means what is the decision of the group) about Nauvoo next weekend?
I leave Saturday morning!!!! I am so excited...
as much as i love your little ones...i would not be an emotional wreck if you showed up without them...( i realize that make come off like i really don't like your kids and i'd rather you didn't bring them...but no...i ADORE your kids and would love to see them to confirm that we are all friends...but I will be just as happy with you and steven...
i don't remember if you went out to eat with us after i went through the temple...but that is where we ate...now that i think of it it might have been debbie...or both of you... and now that i think even harder... you mayb of been sick...hmmm...i don't know for sure...
ok...see ya soon...i sould of just written an email...
That Landon is super funny! Now if only Lucas would learn quiet words. It sounds like the trip to the dr was a success (except for Addie's shot :()
Post a Comment