Thursday, October 9, 2008

My day...


Today was a pretty full day. We had joy school at our house today, so before it started we had to clean up, make pumpkin bars, and finish up my lesson. We did our lesson on our 5 senses. The kids seemed to really like it.

Right after joy school we headed over to a friends house where we pealed, sliced, and cored a TON of apples! Amanda and I were learning to make apple butter. As we speak we have two crock pots FULL of apples, turning into apple butter. YUM! I can't wait.

I rushed home from making apple butter because my visiting teachers were coming. After chatting with them for a while, I finally started dinner and cleaned up some. When we finished dinner we went to the Elmers to hang out for a while. Amanda and I went to pick some more apples, and let me just say, we got a BUTT LOAD!! Our friend knows some people who have apple trees and let us pick them for free. Holy cow, we got a ton of apples. Now we just need to try to find some canning jars, so we'll have a place for all the apple butter, apple sauce, and apple pie filling we'll be making. I have a feeling that this time of year it will be quite the challenge to find enough jars. I just might have to try e-bay!

5 comments:

Gigi said...

I'd love for you to share your apple butter recipe Sarah! I have one that's delicious, but I don't make it in the crock pot. That would be nice!

Zarsky Family said...

I would also like that recipe. I love apple butter!

Katy Wilson said...

and don't your kids LOVE apples...just raw apples...
that's a bonus

Anonymous said...

The kids and I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but we just made a ton of homemade applesauce. But applebutter sounds much better! YUM!

Lynners said...

You're a good lady! Apples are a ton of work. My hubby loves apple butter, but I've only done it twice since we got married six years ago!